General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Putting the record straight

I think it's time I put the record straight. For a lot of you people who come on here, you may think that I am just mindlessly slagging off the making of... for no reason. Well a year ago I was getting on very well with this band, so well in fact that we had agreed to support them in their upcoming gigs.
Steve Gibson told us that if we gave them our demo tape they would see if we were good enough to support them. We put everything into making that tape. Every Friday night we had to practice, practice, practice. We fell out. We fought. We put in everything, just to make a tape that could get us the chance we craved so much.
So I gave the demo to Steve and he said it was good, he said he listened to it every night. So I thought, that's great, we'll start getting ready for the gig. But not only was there no gig but there was also no tape. When I asked for it back, Steve said that he had burned it.
If you lose all your material you have to start again and that's what we had to do. Nest we asked The Making Of... for a link on their website. Again they made fun of us and told us that we weren't worthy of it.
History would suggest that we were only trying to help the making of... After all, we found the article they missed in the chronicle. But every time we tried to help they threw it back in our faces.

The making of owe us, big time. They've tried to destroy us as a band time and time again. As a result we are being seen as the villains. Where is the justice in that? The Making Of owe it to us to either steer well clear of our gig (after all they've told us to stay away from theirs) or if thye are going to come then get behind us. Their debt is too big to pay back but even so they must do the right thing.

Yes, I've said some things on here I would be ashamed to say but I was provoked. How would you like it if people you thought were friends burned 3 months of your work?

I'll let you all decide once you read this. Who is the real menace here? Why can't us North East Bands just get along, just do our own thing. If you don't want us to support you don't ask. Don't make broken promises. Don't destroy hard work and the reputation of a band. If you are a good enough band you simply don't need to.

I like the making of... as a band. I thought they were great at rock night. I can't understand how they can be so nasty and aggressive when they don't need to resort to any kind of violence whatsoever.

Anyway, I've set the record straight now, it's time for you to decide.

Re: Putting the record straight

There's a lesson to be learned here...

...make backup tapes.

Re: Re: Putting the record straight

We made one, but that's not the point.

Re: Re: Re: Putting the record straight

paul, if thats what did happen. then its pretty ****. only you know the truth, so if they did really act like arses then you shouldnt want to play with them.
no offensive to the making of, but you talk as if playing with tmo would be your life long ambition. there are bigger fish to fry, better local bands out there. go and do a search on them, obviously these guys arent going to give you a helping hand so just quit it before you embarrass yourself even more.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Putting the record straight

what you on about man Andrew? better bands in the north east? name one go on i bet you cant...

paul you are stupid. hahaha!