Return to Website

Itazuke Alumni Association Forum

This is the place to leave ideas, suggestions, comments, and anything else you would like to discuss with your fellow Cobras! Please visit often!

Itazuke Alumni Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Born In Ashiya, Also Lived In Itazuke - Plus Photos

I was born in Ashiya in 1958 when my dad was stationed there. A couple years later we moved to Itazuke (we lived in the Administration Annex), and my dad traveled back and forth to help close the base in Ashiya. Most of my memories come from photos and family stories, but I'd love to hear from anyone who was there. I started a photo album with mostly family pictures from that time if anyone wishes to check it out. There are also shots of a Buddhist temple, shrines, Buddhist parade and other local interest. The album is called Japan Photos and it can be found on facebook here: Japan Photos

Re: Born In Ashiya, Also Lived In Itazuke - Plus Photos

Am I the only one who has a hard time navigating this website? I was going to add that I came across photos that others posted here, and some of the kids in those pictures were wearing cowboy hats, with toy guns and holsters. In my photo album, my brother and I had those same outfits on. Must have been a sale one Christmas at the Base Exchange?