Return to Website

Itazuke Alumni Association Forum

This is the place to leave ideas, suggestions, comments, and anything else you would like to discuss with your fellow Cobras! Please visit often!

Itazuke Alumni Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dark Night at Brady

I was lowly 2nd Lt enroute to my first assignment at Ashiya AFB, my plane arrived at Brady in the middle of the night in early July 1954. The personnel on duty didn't have much interest in assisting me and my fellow 2nd Lt James Kelley in finding transportation or directions. We were instructed to go to the main where we could catch a local bus to the train station in town. We were left to man handle our bags to the gate which if I recall correctly was some distance form our arrival location. We finally made it to the gate and caught the next bus and miraculously found the train station. Having only been in Japan a few days we were at a loss as to finding the right train. Had it not been for an airman returning to Ashiya from a sporting event I feel sure that I would still be wandering around the station. Wish I had his name in order to thank him. I did not have a good impression of Brady after that experience. I have enjoyed your web site however and thank you for the memories.