The Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club Forum

Welcome to the NIIMC Forum

The website of the NI Italian Motor Club.  Please feel free to participate by posting on the forum. 

The Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Correction/Look Stupid Post

Hi All

At the last meeting in the car park we were looking at my new car being the Abarth Evo Supersport and I incorrectly stated its bhp as being 220 by saying it was black remapped.

The car is 180bhp stock, I got a tuning box from a German crowd on Ebay which my friend (a mechanic) fitted for me bringing it up to 197bhp and I misunderstood when he said it can be black remapped to 220bhp I thought he had this done for me by a firm up in Carryduff whilst he had the car but he was just telling me about it not that it had been done.

So apologies for giving wrong info and in turn looking like a ********.

Re: Correction/Look Stupid Post

hi robert the car was to come to me but never appeared, if you ned it remapped i can still do it.

Hey Robert

Never worry... probably too much strongbow!!!!

On a personal note... great to see you at the meeting.
Ta
Simon

Sorry I never knew anything had actually been arranged. My mate is called Steve O'Sullivan is that the person you were dealing with if that's the case I will be sure to have a strong word with him as I wouldn't be pleased arranging to have stuff done to the car and then not weigh in for an appointment. I have only had the car from Donnelly's about 6 weeks max now so if it were before that perhaps there is another SS in NI or the Rep of Ire that has been imported from the mainland because according to the sales guy at Donnelly's my car was the only one in the country well that he knew of.

I will keep the remap in mind but at present due in court 16th of Aug for speeding so trying to behave myself. I am even considering removing the tuning box as its not really helping me be a good boy.

Also the truth be told I am finding the car to be very much a acquired taste. So not sure how long I will be keeping it.

Just out of interest and excuse my ignorance if I were to get the car remapped is there anyway such as the addition of a button or switch to turn it off and on as required?

Good to see you too Simon and everyone else as I said in a previous post everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Although sorry but apart from Cyril I can't match names with faces yet. But looking forward to the next meeting in Aug.

On a final note I don't drink Strongbow... I had said in the last meeting about only having the car about a week and three fellas came to the house in the early hours to steal it and I stuck a crossbow out the window to help persuade them otherwise and then someone told me to use "Strongbow" as my name on the forum.

Cheers

R

Sorry to tell you once the car has been mapped its stays mapped.no way of having a button to switch on / off. also if you want a bit of sleep at night then fit one of our tracking devices