Chistell Publishing Book/Writing Discussion Forum
Chistell's Home Page

Return to Website

Welcome to Chistell Publishing's Book/Writing Discussion Forum! Enjoy engaging in conversation with other visitors to our Book/Writing website! IMPORTANT NOTE: Only Book/writing related discussions allowed at the boards! Have fun!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Portia

I also read Portia. I bought it as a gift for my mom and sisters. They loved the book. So did I. Denise hinted at this in the book - so I ask - Why do you think there has been no cure found for breast cancer yet? What do you think is taking the medical profession so long to find a cure for breast cancer and why do you think it's such a big money industry - medicine?

Rodney

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Portia was one of those rare books that made me cry. I cried 2-3 times while I read Portia. It is such a touching story. It does read like an autobiography, but Portia was from Chicago and Denise (on her website) says she grew up in Tennessee, so it can't be her story. How could it be if Denise grew up in Tennessee? It just reads so incredibly real. It's one of my all time favorites.

Erica

Replying to:

I read Portia and Love Has Many Faces. I agree with you 100%. I think Portia is an autobiography. I sent Denise an email asking if it was about her and she said no. She said she went through some of what Portia does in the book but that it's not a story about her. I still think it is. Reads too much like someone's personal story to me. I enjoyed it and passed it along to some of my friends. It's a very good book. Very touching.

Felicia

Replying to:

I recently bought and read Denise's book Portia. I really enjoyed this book, but I have a question. I think it's an autobiography. It just reads that way to me. How many people think Portia is autobiographical? The whole time I was reading it I thought it was real and an autobiography. If it's not Denise's story it reads like it's the story of someone she knows well. What do you all think?

L

Re: Portia

Chistell's Home Page