Chistell Publishing Book/Writing Discussion Forum
Chistell's Home Page

Return to Website

Welcome to Chistell Publishing's Book/Writing Discussion Forum! Enjoy engaging in conversation with other visitors to our Book/Writing website! IMPORTANT NOTE: Only Book/writing related discussions allowed at the boards! Have fun!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
publishing bias?

Two years ago, my aunt finished writing a book about Elizabeth Short (the Black Dalia). During her research, she found lots of evidence that linked the incident to Orson Wells. She found an agent, but when the agent tried to submit the book to publishing houses, no publisher would take it.

The general comments from publishing houses was: "your writing is brilliant, but we are appalled that you would put the legendary Orson Wells as a suspect in your book."

So, she self published the book, sold around 5000 copies through Amazon, and received excellent reviews from major newspapers, such as the London Mail, and has appeared on the History Channel and Celebrity Justice to talk about the book.

I'm urging her to try submitting the book to publishing houses again, but she has lost faith. Is there anything you would suggest to her if she submits the book to publishers again?

Thank you for listening. I will forward any information back to my aunt.

Chistell's Home Page