Chistell Publishing Book/Writing Discussion Forum
Chistell's Home Page

Return to Website

Welcome to Chistell Publishing's Book/Writing Discussion Forum! Enjoy engaging in conversation with other visitors to our Book/Writing website! IMPORTANT NOTE: Only Book/writing related discussions allowed at the boards! Have fun!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A New Kind of Children's Book

Here is just a bit of back story...
So... i pick up this book a couple weeks ago called A Treasure's Trove by Michael Stadther-a friend suggested it.
It turned out to be a fantastic fairy tale with beautiful illustrations. I had a blast reading it with my son, who's now 5. The tale follows a group consisting of a human, a human/elf, a "doth" (looks like a cute winged dog) and various other creatures as they try to save the dying forest from the dust that fall each night. It had very meaningful and moral ideas i ended up discussing with David, my son.
OK, here is where we take a turn! In the book the team must search for these jewels. Now, in real life the makers of this book have decided to make a nationwide (U.S.) treasure hunt for jewels similar to those in the book. Decipher the clues from the story and illustrations and they will lead to 12 different locations around the US. Find the location and find a gold token with instructions on how to get the jewel. The 12 jewels total over 1 million dollars in value!! wild right? It's a great idea for a book and has so much to offer in terms of family experience.
David, my son, now tells me thier is a movie being done about the book and that a new book and worldwide hunt is to release in Fall 2006. It's great to see my son when he loves something.
what are you're child's favorite books? or just something they couldn't stop talking about because they loved it so much?
~Cheshire

Chistell's Home Page