The Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club Forum

Welcome to the NIIMC Forum

The website of the NI Italian Motor Club.  Please feel free to participate by posting on the forum. 

The Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hello/Introduction

Hello

I have been looking forward for the last two weeks since I bought my first Italian car to join the club so hope to be at the meeting next Tuesday in Lisburn.

I bought a Abarth Evo Supersport according to Donnellys its the only one in the country at the moment and I must admit I struggle to see any other Abarths bar the odd 500.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing everyone elses cars.

Cheers

Robert

Re: Hello/Introduction

Hi Rab,

Welcome along, you wont struggle to see me chum am all red ;-) will hopefully ....... work depending see you on Tuesday mate. I have been down your road twice your not driving it enough :-)

Hey Dixie

I did see an A500 in red come past the house the other day was prob you.

I work from home and have been out of my mind busy the last 3 weeks and for the foreseeable future so it gets taken out for very short trips every other day but the furthest I have got in her is the Silent Valley a few Sunday nights ago whilst waiting for our dinner reservation time in Newcastle. Also trying to watch my speed after my encounter with traffic branch that would be all I need!

Trying to ignore the little issues with driving an Italian car... such as the endless screech of the windscreen wipers no matter how wet the glass is it does it, the window frame on the drivers door makes odd noises in the wet and the metal backed back seats never shut up rattling (going to try cutting some foam to size and jamming it in somewhere to stop that)... trying to see it all as part and parcel of driving an Italian car and all the issues are part of its character!

I think some dodgy people have already taken an interest in the car as I was working at 4am in my home office the other night (as I say very busy) and a Passat pulled up outside the house and when I looked out the window two fellas were starting to walk up the driveway. They saw me at the window and waved at me and took of! Fitting dual security lights today to the front of the house and two internet security cameras. If they want the car then they better be prepared to be on two video feeds and lit up like a Christmas tree. And finally a massive chain and padlock for the wheel as last resort. Well I suppose the new tracker is the last resort.

Anyways would be nice to meet you in person so hope you can make it depending on your work.

Cheers

Rab

Yeah I did come down past the other day but it was in my red punto... the 500 is funk white. I have a similar set up regarding security ;-) I trust no one but mine is normally hidden away. I should be ok for next Tuesday but things are abit mad fingers crossed.

Welcome to Italian motoring!Tip for your windscreen-cut a potato in half and clean the screen with open end!! IT WORKS

Cheers Dave will give that a go.