The Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club Forum

Welcome to the NIIMC Forum

The website of the NI Italian Motor Club.  Please feel free to participate by posting on the forum. 

The Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Last Night's Club Meeting

Hi All

Just wanted to say it was good to meet everyone last night at the meeting in Lisburn and was made to feel very welcome and everybody was very friendly.

Some of the more detailed chat went a little over my head in regards to some of the older stuff perhaps not as big a petrol head as what I thought but really enjoyed hearing about various people's cars and the work involved with them and will hopefully learn a bit more as time goes on.

Also enjoyed the craic so already looking forward to the next meeting and the run to Omagh in August sounds good.

Cheers

Rab (strongbow apparently!)

Re: Last Night's Club Meeting

Hi Robert, welcome yourself and the other new members to the club. As regards the the older cars, the interest just creeps up on you and becomes a main interest and possibly and big dent to your wallet! Club runs are a good craic as well as other club outings. Myself or Johnny will organise a club run for end of July so watch out for a forum post in next few weeks.

Chris B.

Robert, really glad to read that you enjoyed our club meeting. Its good to know first impressions from new club members attending and hope it will encourage others to come along and join us on the 1st Tuesday of every month at the Premier Hotel, Lisburn. As you experienced yourself we try not to be too formal. Thanks Robert for your comments.
Cyril.

Thanks gents.. I must admit was a little apprehensive it was going to be formal and taken a bit too seriously but was good craic. Looking forward to getting out on a run but by the sounds of it I might get left behind trying to be a good boy after my recent encounter with a local member of traffic branch.

Either see you on the run at the end of July or at the next meeting

Sorry Cyril forgot to add was laughing to myself on the road home last night at your Vespa purchase story its pretty much how I buy my cars. I woke up on the morning I bought my Abarth with "today I am buying an Abarth" sod the negative equity on the old car. All because I got lost up at Mallusk looking for Royal Mail and saw the Abarth/Alfa/Fiat dealership.