The Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club Forum

Welcome to the NIIMC Forum

The website of the NI Italian Motor Club.  Please feel free to participate by posting on the forum. 

The Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
buying a fiat 500

Hi, english friend who lives in italy has asked me about availability of parts on fiat500... he has a place on a small island off sicily with really narrow roads and thought it might be the job as hes only there part time...

also what are the major things to look out for on these as i sort of have my eye on one near our place in northern tuscany..

thanks, mark.

Re: buying a fiat 500

Hi Mark,

We have owned two 500's and currently sitting with an Abarth 500 ss.

All I have for you chum is our climate is not good for these wee thinly painted dudes, a good detailing with lots of polish applied gives them a better chance, they hate short trips(white sludge) build up and early models have a known fault with the petrol hose made from rubber leading into the air box which cracks badly, both of mine did this. I found a K&N induction kit (which i still have ;-) ) that replaced stock looks and sounds better. The top mounts didnt have caps on them and all rain/washing water falls into the metals top mounts and rust causing another failure althought parts are a(6.00) fix from fleabay. I have heard of gearbox and clutch failures too but not often. If you need further assistance please drop me a line.

Happy motoring

Dixy.

I thought he was asking about an original 500.
If so, you will not have any problems sourcing any part you need for a lhd model in Italy.

yep it was the original 500.... thanks.