The Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club Forum

Welcome to the NIIMC Forum

The website of the NI Italian Motor Club.  Please feel free to participate by posting on the forum. 

The Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Question for Alistair. ....

Al.... have you had any word yet about the 500 you ordered for your sister? My 2 have been stuck at "status 35/40" for over a fortnight. Just looking to see if you're in the same boat. . It was Donnelly's you went to...right?

Re: Question for Alistair. ....

delivered and handed over 3 weeks ago- although the car was already somewhere in the delivery network, so it was not a fresh factory build slot

Ahh... well thanks for that.
I was told 2weeks....errmm 2 weeks ago and was told today.....2 weeks. I don't suppose the dealer is holding on to the 2 I've ordered until the first of October so they can beef-up the sales figures in a month that can be tight for unit sales.....or am I just being cynical d'ya think??

get them to show you on the order tracking system where the car is

Also i did think it could be down to the summer plant closure (which normally happens in August)This is used to do line changes and maintenance, which is why a lot of car companies' next yr models start production in September.

Not sure if this applies to the Poles though!

Annual shutdown was 3 weeks in August when I worked in Ford.

Not that Ford make 500s.....

You "worked" ??? ....
Apparently they do close in august however I was told in august that the cars were awaiting shipping. So somebody was doing overtime in the factory during the holidays.