The Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club Forum

Welcome to the NIIMC Forum

The website of the NI Italian Motor Club.  Please feel free to participate by posting on the forum. 

The Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Annual Dinner update

Cyril and I called in to Angelo's tonight to speak to Richard about arrangements for Friday evening and to confirm menu choices.

Everything is shaping up well for a great evening. Key things that members will want to know are as follows;
1) everyone should aim to arrive at 7.30ish. On arrival you will receive a glass of prosecco and be invited to pick a table and take a seat. We hope that everyone will be seated and ready to eat at 8pm.
2) Tables will seat six or eight people. There will be no seating plan so you can sit with whoever you like. Obviously our desire is for members to mix and mingle and get to know eachother a bit better.
3) There is no formal "kicking out" time or time for last orders. Richard will continue to serve drinks as long as members are well behaved and continue to pay for it!!
4)Tables will be encouraged to sort out their own kitty arrangements. Drinks ordered should be paid for at the time rather than a bill to be settled at the end of the night.
5) We will be having a raffle on the evening and we hope that members will bring some extra cash to buy raffle tickets and hopefully win a prize. Any raffle prizes brought on the evening will be gratefully received.

If anyone has any queries between now and Friday please give me a ring.

Tim
07799 115251

Re: Annual Dinner update

Have a good night sorry i will be missing this one.

great night- went very well and I'm sure it worked well for Angelo's too

What a great evening! well done to everyone involved in organising it. Angelo's was the perfect venue. Thanks!

Great night!

Big congratulations to Lorcan (and all the pink ticket holders, lol).

Good night, thanks to all those involved

Great evening we really enjoyed it. Well done to all who arranged it.

Thanks for the positive feedback from Friday evening. We were delighted with the turnout and the great atmosphere throughout the evening. The night wouldn't have been the success that it was without the club members and their friends coming along to make it a memorable evening. We also very much appreciated the generosity shown by those who donated prizes for the raffle - we had well over 40 raffle prizes, some of which were very desirable. The person who enjoyed himself the most on the evening was of course Lorcan Flanagan who scooped the much coveted prize of the TAG Heuer watch - he will forever now be known as lucky Lorcan - many congratulations to Lorcan from your envious friends! Did anyone tell him he has to hand it back for next year's prize draw!!

Tim

Hi all, I am still in shock at my good fortune, and more than a little embarrassed & disappointed at having to leave so soon after the draw. I was just getting warmed up too...! However, swimming lessons on a Sat morning with child no.1 with a hangover are not a good idea, so duty called. (Or before the locks were changed by the current Mrs Flanagan after 4 nights out of five out of the house last week! )
Anyway, enough BS from me: sincere thanks to Cyril, Tim and all involved in organising the night. I had a great night, and it was a really good to get to know some of the other club members at my table. I will be proposing more than just one night out during the year, at the next meeting in December, and the formation of a social committee - happy to chair said Social Committee if required, he he :) Special thanks to Mervyn Shannon, who I called with on Saturday to get the watch sized - he was an absolute gentleman to me and my family, and I would encourage all club members to support him, in whatever way you can. Thanks again, and I look forward to a even more successful NIIMC in 2014.