The Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club Forum

Welcome to the NIIMC Forum

The website of the NI Italian Motor Club.  Please feel free to participate by posting on the forum. 

The Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Help and advice required. New membership and buying an Alfa

Hello Dedrie
I have been a member from long ago but have let membership renewal slip ,
I would like to renew my membership what is procedure ?
Regards
Richard

Hi, i also signed up that day, some great examples there!

Anyways i agree about petrol, im driving a 2.0 tspark 156. The feel of the drive is unbeatable!
I bought a poorly looked after alfa, so i could learn by fixing it myself, heres a list of what i would look out for judging by myn, but bear in mind i have a 156.
Timing belt change, see when it was last done, there breaking is very common, every 3 years or 36k miles is the change time. Also if you get a 2.0 tspark, the balance belt needs done at the same time, and you may aswell throw in a waterpump for good measure if you need this job done.
Dodgy electric window buttons, seen an awful lot very loose and broken off on a few i looked at when buying, just give them all a test!
Try find out how often the oil has been getting topped up, some are burners and you need to try avoid these, but this is something i guess you will only ever know after a few weeks of ownership, check the oil frequently! (i was lucky here)
If the car has high miles but full service history, dont be put off! these engines when looked after will run and run! ive seen a petrol with 212k miles (original engine!)
Drive with the windows open and listen carefuly from the front, upper/lower arms and be troublesome!
Good luck with finding a car, you wont regret it!

Richard. Unfortunately I don't have your contact details to send out the renewal form. However if you send me your email address, I can get your address to send you the membership renewal form to post back to me or if you come along to the next meeting, I can sign you up on the night.

We now meet at Lisburn Golf Club and it would be great to see you there!