Return to Website

HAWK Missile Veterans Association

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message as long as it is HAWK/HERC related.

HAWK Missile Veterans Association
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum is back up

Lets hope this takes care of the spam that shut us down. Start the conversation!

Re: Forum is back up

I was a 24K and spent a year at Camp Howard in Korea. I have been trying to get i touch with any body that was stationed at Camp Howard during the 1977 time fram that I was there.

Sorry to have been offline so long. Suffered a series of major heart attacks over the last year. I heard from my attorney today about my AO claim for D battery 7th missile Bn 2nd ADA at Kwachon Hari Korea. He stated that the information I have collected from this and other websites should help win the disability claim however, he needs to have some proof of how far the unit was from the DMZ. A letter from those stationed with me stating the distances will be necessary for the claim to move forward. Anyone that can help will be appreciated. Also I can the files I gathered to anyone that wants them but they are too large to email so I need to send a cd or memory key.

Bernard Fineberg Sept 1970- December 1971
3206 S. Rainier St.
Kennewick, WA 99337

cell: 509-619-2160

I tried to find Kwachon Hari Korea in Google Earth but it was stumped. Would you have another town name?

Roy Russell
I tried to find Kwachon Hari Korea in Google Earth but it was stumped. Would you have another town name?

Kwachon Hari, has changed the spelling. I was told by Korean representatives from the Korea CVB that things that started with "K" are now starting with "G". So it is Gwacheon-si.

I think the Admin for D/7//2 is located at 37˚27'44.49"N 126˚59'59.84". It looks like the fence shape. Plus at the bottom of the mountain. There was a ROK compound just to the north of us.

The Tac site looks like it is still active. Located at 37˚28'14.68" 127˚00'31.84"