Return to Website

HAWK Missile Veterans Association

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message as long as it is HAWK/HERC related.

HAWK Missile Veterans Association
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
b battery 2nd gm 71st arty

I was stationed at camp st Barbara in b battery 2nd gm 71st arty in 1961-62. we were moved to camp casey in 62. we moved our tac site because of erosion. anyone here remember this. have any pics. contact me at email.a dollie names betty posted some pics from st Barbara. thanks

Re: b battery 2nd gm 71st arty

Welcome home brother. I was at A/2/71 in 1967-1968. I am trying to build a history of the 38th ADA. We have pages on www.koreaatourofduty.us I would love to hear from you about your time with Bravo. Bill Kenney hawkvets@gmail.com What type of patches did you wear before we became the 38th ADA.? I would appreciate copies of any material you have. Take care.

I believe the the 38th brigade had been active in the Korean theater since 1961 and it was possibly the 8th Us Army Air defense Command Provisional till 20 March 1961.

The 2/71 arrived in Korea in 1960 but the 38 brigade was not formed to about 1963. I am looking for information of who they were attached to prior to that. Also the 38th brigage was disloved about 1982 but the 2/71 was active for one more year. The first in and the last out. But did they contined to were thr 38th ADA patch?