Return to Website

HAWK Missile Veterans Association

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message as long as it is HAWK/HERC related.

HAWK Missile Veterans Association
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Korea C-6-44, 1969

Looking for anyone else who spent time at Charlie Battery (the Animal Farm). I was at C-6-44 in Korea from November 1968 to December 1969. I was a 24F (Fire Control Maintenance Technician).

Re: Korea C-6-44, 1969

Well, hello there Steve! I remember you well. I, as a 24D and former instructor at Fort Bliss, arrived at C Battery about a week before you but served for three additional months (to March 1970) to get the early release from active duty. I hope you and kindred are doing well! With very best regards, Mike

I served at the farm from November 1967 through November 1968 as a 22j20.

I too was at C battery as a 24d20. From Dec 70 to Feb 72. Remember a few names of some. 😩. Talked to another person on Veterans Day who also was a ADA. Got me in looking back about reunions.

served there until Feb 1967. was a 22J20, missile and launcher maintenance.

did you know a guy named papagni. he served with me as a 22j20. may have still been there. know he went to Nm, but don't know when he left Korea.

Bill I remember you. I was missile maint but they needed someone to replace sgt Waite in supply so I went to the supply dept. I remember Papagini. Cant remember his first name but remember the face. I think he was a California guy. I left Korea and Army in Sept

I was in C Battery from July 69 to Aug 70. 24B CW Radar Mechanic.

Steve, are you still with us? I have waited almost two years for a response. Worried.

Mike C-6-44

Michael,

Yes, I am still around. Thought I replied last time.

My real email address is: stevej_99@msn.com

I live in Southern California in the winter, then my home-town of Bremerton, Washington in the summer.

Would love to hear from you.

I have kept in touch with Larry Johnson (generator mechanic).

Also saw Lane Kaiser and Pete Sohn when I got back to Ft. Bliss.

Steve Johnson

Was there 72-73 pretty wild lots of fun at delta Btry first pinn,Korea THEN key west

Steve Johnson: Got your response (almost a year ago and I finally caught up to it ...I guess it is fun to get old and retired!) I hope you and family are OK with the pandemic with respect to the two places you go to during the year, neither So Cal or Wash state is a good bet right now. Be safe. I will contact you on the e-mail provided. We have lots to talk about and photos to share. Are you still in contact with Pete Sohn?