Return to Website

HAWK Missile Veterans Association

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message as long as it is HAWK/HERC related.

HAWK Missile Veterans Association
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2nd/71st ADA - Korea

I held the como sgt. place. my had a broke leg.... i spent Christmas up there on TAC site. Hated the walk..

When were you stationed there. I worked as training NCO, and company clerk as well as working on site as crew chief when needed. Worked for 1SG Cato. Like to here from you.

Bill Phillips

Dan Beyer
Here's a link to a Facebook page which is all about those who served in the 2nd (Hawk) Missile Bn of the 71st Air Defense Artillery in Korea. Check it out and add your photos and experiences to the page. You may find someone you know there.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/2nd-71st-ADA/280308982023939?sk=timeline
William Kenney
A 2 71 1967 1968
I personally rode on the truck as they sprayed A Battery.
For those who broke down the hill and went north and set up again as a timed exercise this would put you on the DMZ. You would then be consider a DMZ vet for the purpose for claims for agent orange.

I was stationed in Battery D 2/71st ADA we probably know each other I’m thinking which 1st Sgt was Cato was that the white guy or the older black ex Ranger?

Be happy to hear from you

Ben Jetter

I was there 79-81 and I remember 1st Sgt Cato and I remember you also. Good to hear from you.

Ben Jetter
Tac site PLL clerk

Just got to see your reply about being there at D/2/71 . Cato was the older 1SG who never came out of the office except to go to barber shop or go to mess hall. We had the big black E-7 mess SGT who was hell of nice guy. I believe I remember you name. I took over company clerk when John left, and still worked tac site when had too as crew chief.

Yes I remember those were the good old days right? Been a lot of water under the bridge since then. Good to know you’re doing well. Feel free to email me @ hoghollor@aol.com

Ben Jetter

If yo look on face book you will see Bill Rankin (William Rankin) he was 24E if I remember right. I haven't seen him on this site. Did you stay in Elpaso, or different state.

Where you their with a E-4 Anderson

I weigh station Camp Hill work in motor pool 78-79 were you there then

I was there in 78 and 79 work in the motor pool your name sounds familiar

William Kenney. A/2/71. 1967 1968
I am still trying to build our history.
I am looking for photos, yearbooks,
memories,etc.
I recently found out there is a 2/71 Ada
stationed in Japan.

WILLIAM kENNEY
Dan Beyer
Here\'s a link to a Facebook page which is all about those who served in the 2nd (Hawk) Missile Bn of the 71st Air Defense Artillery in Korea. Check it out and add your photos and experiences to the page. You may find someone you know there.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/2nd-71st-ADA/280308982023939?sk=timeline
William Kenney
A 2 71 1967 1968
I personally rode on the truck as they sprayed A Battery.
For those who broke down the hill and went north and set up again as a timed exercise this would put you on the DMZ. You would then be consider a DMZ vet for the purpose for claims for agent orange.
I need buddy letters about defoliant use in Korea on tac sites johnny Griffin 112 catawba ct. Antioch TN 37013 Thank you all

Which unit and battery?

I think B 2/71 she was hanging around a SSG Grandberry during that time

I was stationed with the 2/71st ada at camp Hill. Above a korean village:coyangni. I was a radio/switch board operater on the missile sight. Highest in the Army, at 12000 feet.

You were there when I was there.

When were you there? I was there B. Btry 1972-1973**Signal, 31B Radio Repair

Funny you should mention that. I was a 16E at 3/7 ADA (A Btry) in Schweinfurt, Germany as SP4. A guy had come from Ft. Riley after being stationed at B 271. He hed said getting to and from D 2/71 was treacherous.

The highest site was B/7/5

I remember you, I remember two 1st sgts one was an old white guy that wore glasses he was 1sgt in 1979 when I first got there, the other was an older Black man was ranger qualified and was 1sgt in 1980 maybe 82. Good to hear from you.

I knew SSG Rankin he was a 24 E you are right

In 1971 -1972

I was there 79-81 and was there when 1sgt Cato was there. I remember you.