Return to Website

HAWK Missile Veterans Association

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message as long as it is HAWK/HERC related.

HAWK Missile Veterans Association
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Delta 4-1 ADA HAWK, Reitscheid Germany

Rick,

I don’t remember you however, I do remember some others you mentioned during my time in Reitscheid. I also remember fellow MP Chris Bennett whom I worked with for awhile before he left. I too was an MP stationed in Reitscheid from January 1988-April 1991. When I first arrived, I recall Capt. Kathleen Leydig. I remember Evensizer, ( I believe he was from California), and Abegglen. Reitscheid was pretty bad duty for an MP. SSgt. Harry Snavely was in charge of the MP section upon my arrival and I recall we had geese going around the perimeter at that time. So we had geese duty, feed, water, etc. it was pretty bad. I returned to Reitscheid in 2009 for a vacation and it was totally abandoned. The barracks were still standing at that time but the Tac Site was pretty much gone other than a couple run down buildings.

If you look on my website thereare a lot of veterans hawk soldiers talking just sighn up for hawk unit veterans

Was stationed at reitscheid from 88'-90'.

LMAO, OMG Spc Springs [Notch on her Belt] was SGT Springs when I got there, as well as Abegglen was also a SGT.

Hey, your name sounds mighty familiar. That "notch on her belt" comment...I know you were there too, LOL.