Return to Website

HAWK Missile Veterans Association

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message as long as it is HAWK/HERC related.

HAWK Missile Veterans Association
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: health issues

Have you received the C&P exam for the radar

I was stationed in Babenhausen Germany from 79 to 82 and when we would get finished with radar exercises the next morning all of the rabbits around that area their eyeballs would be bulging out of their heads ! I have several health issues and I wonder if that's connected with being in a hawk missile unit ? So should I let the VA know about being in that unit ? And find out if my illnesses may be related ?

First of all if anyone in the VA tells you there is no registry list, they are Lieing to just blow you off.

You NEVER email the VA. You will never get a answer. If in your not being sure FILE a claim and if denied appeal never give up. Everyone gets denied the first time . Ask a lot of your veteran friends which lawyer specializes in veteran cases, not just any lawyer. When you want information from the VA find out who is the right person and go to them FACE to FACE. Keep records of who you talked to and what happened.

William Kenney
First of all if anyone in the VA tells you there is no registry list, they are Lieing to just blow you off.

You NEVER email the VA. You will never get a answer. If in your not being sure FILE a claim and if denied appeal never give up. Everyone gets denied the first time . Ask a lot of your veteran friends which lawyer specializes in veteran cases, not just any lawyer. When you want information from the VA find out who is the right person and go to them FACE to FACE. Keep records of who you talked to and what happened.
Join "radar veterans health" on Facebook. Review the files section, lots of good info.

These radars were effective, but you should think of them as portable x-ray machines with poor shielding. Shielding was improved before they were phased out, but the interlocks were overridden regularly.

The War Related Illness and Injury Study Center is part of the VA and a good place to start the process of being added to a radiation registry. Like anything with the VA, it takes time. They have three offices, you can get there phone and address on the VA website. Their recommendations are added to your military health records. Not all of the VA offices are the same in regards to being added to the registry, you may need to call more than one. Having the recommendation and being added to the registry are good pieces of evidence for you.

I prefer to take care of my health at home. And not long ago I discovered medical cannabis. I currently use the online dispensary https://westcoastbud.io/ to purchase quality cannabis products at an affordable price and with fast delivery. Thanks to this online store, I was even able to try cannabis chocolate, which helped me get rid of stress. I think it will also be useful for you to visit the site to find out more.

Hope you have found answers on you issues since your first posting. One thing keep in mind we are all different bodies and sensitivity. My best example is "Why do fair skin people, ie; red-headed people, sun burn faster and more severe than white, black, brown or spices as in Native American or African American. You can feel the sun heat but the rays, you can see them.