Return to Website

51 Squadron Web Forum

Welcome To The Forum That Is Dedicated To "Keeping Their Memory Alive"

51 Squadron Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Days at RAF Snaith

I'm sitting here with my 80 year old father who was at Snaith , late 1942, name of George Hextell, Squadron 51.He was shot down 27th January 1943 over Holland and thankfully lives to tell the tale despite spending 2 years as a POW.

I was interested to hear about the book "Snaith Days" and wondered how to come by it as my father would be very interested to get a copy.

Regards Steve Hextell

Re: Days at RAF Snaith

Have just discovered the 51 Squadron website with interest. I was a wireless op with 51 squadron at Snaith, March 44 till Sept 44. There is a book available entitled Snaith Days, written by the late Keith Ford. It is available from the Yorkshire Air Museum, Elvington, York.

Hope this is helpful.

Charles Bradley

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm sitting here with my 80 year old father who was at Snaith , late 1942, name of George Hextell, Squadron 51.He was shot down 27th January 1943 over Holland and thankfully lives to tell the tale despite spending 2 years as a POW.

I was interested to hear about the book "Snaith Days" and wondered how to come by it as my father would be very interested to get a copy.

Regards Steve Hextell