Return to Website

51 Squadron Web Forum

Welcome To The Forum That Is Dedicated To "Keeping Their Memory Alive"

51 Squadron Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
51st reg water colour/89 signutures

i have a water colour 22 * 17 inches with a varsity(i think} on a runway,with crest on left and record of service/planes flown in on right,there is 89 signutures-des bof afm,dick barton,ernie dunsford etc,theres a sticker on the back saying from the mess of RAF wyton.presented to G.V.AYRESin 1948,also 238 stradishill suffolk,if anybody can help i would appriciate it,denis

Re: 51st reg water colour/89 signutures

Hi Denis, I think the Varsity picture you have was used as a development platform. The names you mentioned Ernie Dunsford, Dick Barton and I presume Bes Bye AFM where members of "C" flight 51 Sqdn and I seem to recollect that G Ayres was a member of the Electronic Warfare Avionics Unit (EWAU) at Wyton and the painting may have been presented to him io his leaving, but it's only a guess. I don't understand the date you mention (1948). I was a member of "C" flight from Nov 1968 to Aug 1983.
Regards
D Prout

Re: 51st reg water colour/89 signutures

Feeling the exam blues? Let's jazz it up with online exam help! Our band of brainy buddies is ready to jam, making sure your grades hit all the right notes. Toss aside the worry, jump into the rhythm, and let's make some exam magic together!