Return to Website

51 Squadron Web Forum

Welcome To The Forum That Is Dedicated To "Keeping Their Memory Alive"

51 Squadron Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Halifax Crew relatives

I have been researching the crew of LW546 MH-R on behalf of my Gram who was the sister of the Rear Gunner.

To Date i have informed and found Four of the seven crews relatives, including one family in New Zealand and another in Australia.

I have three to find and a possible two guys who may be alive today who left the crew shortly before the last flight.

These two are maybe alive today

F/O Sykes. W.H. (william Henry?) 1944
P/O Douglas 1944

The last three families im trying to find are for

P/O AUBREY FRANCIS COWLING
F/O SIDNEY HARRY COLEMAN
Sgt WILLIAM LEONARD HEALEY

any scrap of info is welcome.

Re: Halifax Crew relatives UPDATE

Research Update.

I have now found six of the seven crews relatives and informed them of a plaque which is being placed into the memorial garden at RAF Snaith on 23/04/06.

The last crew members family to find is
Sgt WILLIAM LEONARD HEALEY

I still would like to the families regarding to
F/O William Henry Sykes (B) 145089
P/O Kenneth Douglas (MUG) 158741

Sykes was transferred on 14 December 1944 when he was posted to 20 OTU

Douglas would later on receive the DFC.

Re: Halifax Crew relatives

Elevate your academic journey and effortlessly attain top grades with the unwavering support of our trusted Take My Online Management Exam For Me service. Bid farewell to the looming specter of exam worries as you entrust your educational aspirations to our seasoned and dedicated team of experts. Through their profound knowledge, unwavering commitment, and proven track record of academic success, you'll embark on a seamless path toward excellence, embracing a future brimming with boundless opportunities and intellectual achievements that will shape your academic legacy.