Librarian and Staff Online Workshop

Welcome to the Online Workshop Discussion Forum.

Arts and Crafts for the Youth Librarian-Indiana
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Week 4-Topic #2 (Click reply to this topic-Please do not create a new post)

This was a great class!! I have so many new crafts to try. The posts were my favorite part. Seeing each week new ideas and new spins on old ideas.

Re: Week 4-Topic #2 (Click reply to this topic-Please do not create a new post)

WEEK 4 TOPIC 2

a. What have you gained from taking this class?

b. How will you use what you have learned in future programs?

c. Send address for LEU certificate

a. I have learned quite a lot from this class. I especially like hearing about ideas for school age and tweens and teens as these are age groups that I have not worked with as often. I believe it also has encouraged me to try these new ideas and to keep either a portfolio, a yearly calendar of art activities, or both. It is a bonus to share ideas with others in similar positions working with the same age groups. Thank you for facilitating the class and for your enlightening lessons.
I have also appreciated the many websites that have been provided either in the lessons or in the postings. These will be helpful, too!
b. I will use these ideas for future programs. I plan to try new ideas rather than my usual ones. In other words, I plan to move outside my “comfort zone” a bit as the children and I explore art projects together. I have always enjoyed arts and crafts as I had a grandmother who inspired and encouraged me from a young age. The primary barrier has been time. I actually wish we had a space where children could work on a multi-week project at times (i.e. painting, papier mache,…)and store them between times. We share our story hour room so while this may not be impossible, it is a challenge.
c. Please send my LEU certificate to:

Jeanetta Graham
Children’s Department
Anderson Public Library
111 East 12th Street
Anderson, Indiana 46016

Note:

It would be great if the other participants were willing to exchange at least e-mails or contact details so we could continue to encourage one another and share ideas.