GlenavyHistory.com will endeavour to answer queries concerning the history of Glenavy and it's surrounds, but regrets that it is unable to give any guidance on questions related to family history or provide any personal genealogical research. Please view our Links page for a list of resources for genealogy research.

Please note:
Offensive or inflamatory messages will be deleted from this Forum.

GlenavyHistory.com Message Forum

Forum: GlenavyHistory.com Message Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
ADAMS: Glenavy-Lisburn area

ADAMS: Glenavy-Lisburn area: Robert A (b.1811/ d.1874) Ballynacoy; Thomas A (b.1811/ d.1890) Hillhead Farm Derrykillultagh (opposite filterbeds on Lisburn-Glenavy Rd); a brother John Adams (b.1803/ d.1865), all buried in the Tullyrusk Cemetery near Glenavy. Thomas A. married Catherine with offspring John (b.1840?), Nathaniel (b.1843), Thomas (b.1849), Emma (b.1843), Susanna (b.1851), Katherine/or Sarah (b.?) who married a McCartney. Hillhead Farm now split & owned by the McCartney’s and Ferguson’s, descendents of the Adams girls left behind after the men left for Liverpool mid1800's result of the famine, where they set up master grocer provisioning business named Adams Bros(?). After a couple of generations the family dispersed to Australia & USA, and believe also Belgium, France & Canada. Mike Adams in Sydney Austlalia. 1911 Census of Hillhead Farm at http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Knocknadona/Aghacarnan/199407/ Mike Adams, Sydney Australia. mkradams@optusnet.com.au

Re: ADAMS: Glenavy-Lisburn area

Hi Mike.

I put some photographs and information under Ballynacoy townland on the website. They might be of interest to you. There are pictures of Adams there.

regards

Re: ADAMS: Glenavy-Lisburn area

Hi Digger.... Thanks. Saw these Adams and McKeown photos on the Ballynacoy webpage. The Solders are definitely Adams family members from Liverpool and I can guess a couple of names from photos, similar of which I have in my own collection. May I ask if you would kindly put me in contact with the McKeown family or appropriate person, or at the very least perhaps establish the names of the individuals in the photos. I'm also most interested in uncovering a link with the Adams in the USA, of which I am aware but been unable to establish contact. I believe there is also another direct family link I Melbourne Australia. My grandfather Albert Nathaniel Adams told me Thomas Adams of Hillhead Road, (believe sometime Aghacarnan Townsend?) opposite the filter beds six miles from Lisburn on the Glenavy Road, was related to the McKeown, Wickliffe and McCartney families. Thomas Adams and his brother Robert (both apparently born 1811) are buried in the hilltop Tullyrusk graveyard, immediately inside the front gate. Really appreciate your assistance Digger. Cheers, Mike Adams, Sydney Australia.  

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com