GlenavyHistory.com will endeavour to answer queries concerning the history of Glenavy and it's surrounds, but regrets that it is unable to give any guidance on questions related to family history or provide any personal genealogical research. Please view our Links page for a list of resources for genealogy research.

Please note:
Offensive or inflamatory messages will be deleted from this Forum.

GlenavyHistory.com Message Forum

Forum: GlenavyHistory.com Message Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
MARSDENS OF BALLINDERRY

Seeking my cousin Eileen Gamble nee Hoey, hoping you will give me some help tracing our ancestors, especially our Grandmother Martha Marsden nee Clarke.
with all my best wishes
hope you are well
your cousin
Rosemary

Email  
Re: MARSDENS OF BALLINDERRY

I found the following records:
James Marsden married Martha Clarke on 11 06 1893. Registered in Lisburn - Glenavy Roman Catholic Church.

The following may have been children of James and Martha. Their registration at birth show their mother's maiden name was Clarke.-
Mary Elizabeth Marsden born 07 11 1894 registered Lisburn.
Edward Cummins Marsden born 14 04 1899 registered Lisburn.
James Alexander Marsden born 09 11 1901 registered Lisburn.
Kathleen Gillen Marsden born 20 07 1905 registered Lisburn
Patrick David Marsden born 01 04 1904 registered Lisburn
Martha Jane Marsden born 05 07 1908 registered Lisburn
William Ernest Marsden born 04 10 1911 registered Lisburn
Thomas West Marsden born 19 05 1915 registered Lisburn
Frederick Stanley Marsden born 24 10 1920 registered Lisburn

Martha Jane marsden married William Hoey on 20 07 1932 at Magheragall Parish Church of Ireland.

Hi. Rosemary lovely to see ur name I am ur cousin we spent lovely times at ur home when we were small how s everyone I live in belfast now x

Email  

Hello Geraldine
So lovely to hear from you, I think of all our relations often, and am in regular touch with our cousins Eileen Gamble nee Hoey, Ernie Marsden (who both still live in Ballinderry)
and Ernie's sister Jean who lives in Chicago.
Would love to hear all your news, I am now widowed, and have one lovely stepdaughter who lives in Kent. I have lived in London for over 40years now.
I was speaking with my sister Margaret recently, and we were talking of all our cousins, and people we were at school with. She said she would love to see Olive Nelson, as would I; Ernie once told me she now lives in Lisburn. I see you live in Belfast; It would be lovely to meet when I next visit, in the spring, when I intend to go and see Eileen and her family.

My phone No. is 02084499579
Email rosengeorge25@aol.com

I hope to hear from you soon
with all my very best wishes
Rosemary

Email  

What a surprise to hear from u I have. To admit my knowledge of my relations is poor but I have longed to know more as I get older r u on face book x

Email  

Hi Geraldine

Good to hear from you again, I am not on facebook, but have done some family research. My father Thomas Marsden and your Grandmother Lily Boyd were brother and sister. I have lots of info if you want I will send you copies. I have been trying to find something about your father's and my Grandmother Martha Marsden nee Clarke. but our older relations who are about 10 years older than me don't know much. I am trying to get a copy of her birth certificate, but no luck so far.
Keep in touch
Have a good Christmas
RosemARY

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com