GlenavyHistory.com will endeavour to answer queries concerning the history of Glenavy and it's surrounds, but regrets that it is unable to give any guidance on questions related to family history or provide any personal genealogical research. Please view our Links page for a list of resources for genealogy research.

Please note:
Offensive or inflamatory messages will be deleted from this Forum.

GlenavyHistory.com Message Forum

Forum: GlenavyHistory.com Message Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Adams, McKeown & Wickliffe families

I have seen some most interesting Adams, McKeown & Wickliffe family history and photographs on your website at the following links. Thank you so much for publishing this material. I am a direct descendent of these families, living in Sydney Australia. 

I have been trying to track down my family for some forty five years, since my Liverpool based grandparents Albert Nathaniel Adams and his wife Beatrice Grace Shaw first told me about the Adams\' in Antrim & their close connection with the McKeown\'s etc back in 1969. 

I am a direct descendent of Thomas Adams (b.1811 Antrim Ireland) of Hillhead Farm at Hillhead Lane, 6 miles out of Lisburn on the Glenavy Road, via his son Nathaniel Adams (b.1845 Antrim Ireland). Nathaniel migrated to Liverpool with his brothers during the late 1800\'s where they operated a grocer & provision merchant business, I believe called Adams Bros. Nathaniel\'s son was Albert Nathaniel Adams (b.1884 Liverpool UK), followed by Keith Wilkinson Adams (b.1914 Liverpool UK) & then myself Michael Adams and more. 

I briefly visited the Tullyrusk Graveyard, Magheragall Methodist Church (Glenavy Rd, Lisburn) and Hillhead Farm (now owned by Robert McCartney & neighbouring Ferguson\'s) during 2006, have collated a fair bit of information on a database over the years about the Liverpool arm, but know little about the Irish side of the family such as the origins of Thomas Adams, his parents names, wife Catherine (Linn?), nor USA & other country family folklore connections. 

LINK: http://www.glenavyhistory.com/tullyrusk_DundrodPresbyterianBurialGround.html

* 1890 - The following is an extract from the Belfast Newsletter dated 5th March 1890, and is reproduced with permission of the Belfast Newsletter.
Death - Adams - March 2 at Hillhead, Thomas Adams, aged 78 years. His remains will be removed for interment in Tullyrusk Burying-ground, this (Wednesday) afternoon at one o’clock. Friends will please accept this (the only) intimation.

* The Adams Burial Ground at Tullyrusk. 
This photograph formed part of the McKeown (Glenavy) family collection and has been kindly copied with permission of a family member. 
See more photographs of the Adams Family.

LINK: http://www.glenavyhistory.com/townlands/ballynacoy.html#adams

* The Wickliffe and McKeown family - Family Photos. These photographs formed part of the McKeown (Glenavy) family collection and have been kindly copied with permission of a family member.

- These photographs appear on a page titled \"Great aunts and uncle and grandma\". 
- These photographs are most likely members of the Adams/Wickliffe family.
- Above this photograph is written Henry Adams USA.
- This photograph appears on a page titled \"Liverpool Adams\"
- Below this photo it states J W Collier and mother
- The Adams Burial Ground at Tullyrusk.

I would be most appreciative if you would kindly introduce and connect to me to the local Adams, McKeown & Wickliffe members mentioned in your articles, so I can learn more about my family background and folklore. Thank you. 

Regards,
Mike Adams
Sydney, NSW Australia
mkradams@optusnet.com.au

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com