​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Has any other man had the Lee-effect on you?

Has any other man had the Lee effect (Smitteness, obsessed , in love, whateveer) on you?

Re: Has any other man had the Lee-effect on you?

jason donovan for me i still love him and i used to collect all magazine and paper clippings of jason like i do know with lee i have 3 scrap bboks of jason donovan and 3 scrap books of lee. when i was young in the 80s my bedroom wall was covered in jason donovan posters. i saw him in joseph 4 times less than lee i saw lee 7 times. saw jason in concert 5 times last concert i went to was last dec in bristol it was brilliant went to see him with his book signing 2 years ago and had my picture taken with him

Oh yes definitely - Barry Manilow for the last 30 odd years!!!!!!!!!!

Scrapbooks, cd's, dvd's, promo items - you name it, I've probably got it somewhere - or sold it on ebay when I bought my flat!!!!

And even now I think I'd have to toss a coin if I had the choice of seeing him or Lee on the same night!!!!

I know they are totally different types of performers, but they do have similarities as well - part of the reason I was 'drawn' to Lee in the first place - cant explain them to anyone who's not a 'Barry' fan, but I know several others who feel the same.

John Barrowman and Martin Shaw.

Nope!!

No one has just hit me out of the blue like that, no :)

I couldn't put it into better words than you Ringer, same for me !

I used to have a huge crush on the actor who played a character I loved. I've since gone off the actor (after finding out what an @sshat he really is even though he's very talented), but continued to love the character.

So, I find it best to love fictional characters and the writers who create them!

I guess, in a way, Lee is a fiction, too; an amalgamation of the qualities we perceive and the mysteries we can only imagine.

Really not - although Colin Firth came fairly close.

NO

I was a Take That fan in my teens, and thought I had it bad ... turns out I had absolutely no idea

No way - have liked / admired / etc.. lots of actors - either for their personality (or character's personality at least !) or their looks..... but have never had this experience of falling head over heels - again and again !

I feel giddy !

ok

lee mead
keith jack
jonas armstrong
ray quinn in that order

I have liked a number of pop starts in my teens, but nothing to the extent as Lee.

I liked Jason Donavan, then Mark from TAKE THAT then I liked Gary Barlow, Rowan Keating and Lee Ryan from Blue and Shane Ward. Then last but not least My number 1 LovLEE Lee.

This is the first Time I have ever been such a big fan of someone, and also some of the things I have done been a fan of Lee I have never done before with any of the above.

Like meeting him at the Stage door, and also coming on here talking to other fans, and also writing to him too,so Lee is very special in every way.

'NEVER! in my whole career have I encountered this before'
GUARDS! sieze him and lock him in 'MY' cell forever.

Sorry got carried away there - as you do...
My Answer is No.

Sorry my spelling is rubbish today. It should read 'seize'...
It's the thought of 'locking him away'
that did it!!

Adam Ant!!

I was 15. He appeared on TOTP and blew me away!

yes!

robert pattinson from the twilight film and harry potter films...
richard fleeshman...
richard armitage
'mitchell' from being human...

but.....lee always gets top place!!
xx

Paul Young, though not quite as instant as Lee, it developed over a couple of months.
Viggo Mortensen, soon as I saw him as Aragorn, he was my perfect idea of Aragorn.

Johnny Depp made me pretty crazy a few years ago LOL

Only the other day though when I was listening to Lee on my iPod, I thought to myself that no other man has had this effect on me! X

Thought Paul Newman and Robery Redford gorgeous when they were young in Butch Cassidy, but no-one other than Lee has had this effect on me.

I don't think Lee has any clue of the effect he is having on so many women.

No, And I have been around long enough !!!!!!

Yep, my husband.

Beat me to it Lynne, was just about to say my husband!! We met when we were 16 and I was toally smitten, not sure he was so keen to start with but soon won him round!! Nearly 20 years later and still feel the same!! Also he has taken me to many a Joseph show over the past couple of years so can't complain!!

Also, Morten Harket from A-Ha. I was totally obsessed!! 24 concerts later still quite smitten and still scream a little when I get to see him live!! (Husband been to quite a few of those concerts too!!)

Have to say though, I enjoy my Lee obsession and it has kept me going through a very stressful year whilst completing my PGCE.

Hi Sarah G, aren't we the lucky ones!? I've said this before on another thread, but I was bridesmaid and my husband was best man when we met at our friends' wedding, and a year later almost to the day they were OUR best man and bridesmaid. That will be 37 years ago on Wednesday (8th.) and he is still gorgeous. He's been to quite a few of the Joseph shows with me and stood patiently while I was in the scrum each time. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer last year and I felt suicidal, I love him so much. Happily the cancer is controlled and he's doing well. We are really, really happy together.

Glad to hear of some happy marriages. Lee has a very powerful effect to compare feelings for him with love of a husband. No wonder various partners are jealous of Lee and the effect he is having on their women(obsession, addiction, smitten, in love whatever).

Re: Re: Has any other man had the Lee-effect on you?

Just testing new format.

Except I know that Lee love is just for fun and not real but my love for my husband just goes on and on and gets stronger and stronger.

37 years of happy marriage tomorrow, 8th. April.

Happy Anniversary to you & your OH for tomorrow, Lynne.
We've lost all the Romance Smilies so this will have to do.

That's the whole point, though - he is drop dead gorgeous, so talented and a lovely, lovely person (I could go on!), but we don't know the 'real' Lee, so in fact he is just a fantasy figure (I have a very vivid imagination).

Hi Lynne, I agree with you! Feelings towards Lee although obsessional not quite the same as feelings for your husband. Husband still gets attention even though I am snowed under with my college course whereas I am afraid Lee has been put on a back burner for a while now!
Have a wonderful wedding anniversary and all the very best for many more to come.

I thought that we are seeing the real Lee, like even his vulnerability on ADWD. I thought that that was the reason we all liked him so much as we were seeing the real Lee with all his feelings etc. Perhaps he still is a fantasy though because he will never be one of ours even though we might want it in dreamland.

OH and real life aside. I have never ever had this kind of reaction to anybody before. I love so many things about Lee. I have never been a member of a fansite before, never searched for information on the web as often, never rushed home from work to watch a tv clip on you tube, never listened to the same CD over and over and over, never watched the same set TV series so many times, never been to the theatre to see the same show loads of times before, never stood outside the stage door waiting for an autograph before, never cried on a last night before and never thought that I could miss somebody that I hadn't really met. So in answer to your question, No nobody has ever had this effect on me before.

Stevie......thats me too. I want to I want him back on stage NOW to re - live all that LOVE!!

This has nothing to do with real life for me.
I have never had a reaction to anyone to this extent - it's Lee for me.
However some others have an effect on me but mainly for the characters they play.
David Tennant whom I absolutely love
Viggo Mortensen for Aragorn.
Elijah Wood for Frodo.
Colin Firth for Darcy.

Vicki- I also love David Tennant as Dr Who, and Colin Firth as Darcy, but its also Lee all the way for me. No-one has ever had this effect on me before since I set eyes on Lee in the flesh. He seems to be having a very powerful effect on women.

I didn't need to see him in the flesh, just to watch his wonderful concentration on the words with that voice and the way he looked at the girls he was performing with!