​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
List of teething problems

Everyone, please use this thread to list down any problems that you have with this new look bravenet.
It could be that bravenet will solve them themselves, as they get to grips with their own "go live", but it would help the Mods if you can identify the issues.
I'll start with what I have found or what I have read from your posts:

- you have to scroll right down to the bottom of a page to "turn" it
- some of us can't see the place to click to create a new post (link is there though)
- the time of the last post is missing
- the times of the last post are actually incorrect (one that has just been posted seems to like the "7 hours ago" time slot!)
- the link back to LMAS is missing
- currently no-one knows how to post a photo or do a linky thing or anything else where we used html code before
-does anyone know bb code?

Please continue to add..

Re: List of teething problems

whole thing has now gone blue with red writing and is virtually unreadable

Time of posts is I think because the forum's 'time zone' needs adjusting to GMT (no idea how!!)

bb code is fairly straightforward, just not sure how to do a demo - working on it!

Re: Re: List of teething problems

Every time you do a reply, it adds a "re:" to the subject line.

What on earth is bb code? This is a nuisance as we need to learn something new.

Re: Re: Re: List of teething problems

Much much slower to get back - keeps saying loading.

Re: Re: Re: Re: List of teething problems

To help get things back to 'normal', I've added a quick guide to bb code for linky things and pics

HERE

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: List of teething problems

I dont like the text being small and in bold on the list of threads on the forum because it is to hard to read.

It is also slow waiting for things to load all the time.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: List of teething problems

I have just discovered that if you load too big a photo, the whole format of the page gets cut-off, so the "reply" box disappeared!
But on the other hand, I had 10 minutes to delete it, which I did....

Not sure, but it seemed to effect the main index page for a bit...

I have just been on the Smile and Expressions threads and some of the photos I have posted have gone and it wasnt by the Mods because I credited them.

I can't access the forum on my I-phone anymore! Does anyone know how I can get that sorted out? It wants Flash Player installing but the phone won't let me do it. Eeeeeeek! Help!!! I hardly ever get to a computer.

At least the page is not pale blue anymore now which was horrid with the red writing. Now the background is dark red on a horrid blood red pattern. Yikes. And also Yuck.

List of teething problems

The correction and reply part of the new system is working well - I corrected a Post replying to Ringer on the 'What's happened to Bravenet' Thread.

One thing I did notice though, was that the reply immediately 'jumped in' behind Ringer's original post.
not sequentially as at present,even though two other posts had been made before my reply to Ringer.

This may be a useful new facility - but I just wondered how it would affect a discussion.
Not exactly a problem, but a point to consider...

That is strange Asher becuse the background on the forum is still black for me.

Is there any reason why the email addy cannot be where it was originally?

how do you add a new thread?

Hi, I hope this is going in the right place. I clicked on reply in Kirsten's original message on the thread.

Well this is a surprise isn't it? As for the overall look, I quite like it. I think it looks quite sophisticated. Never saw the pink hearts background but I quite like the red background with the raindrop type design. I can read the text although it's slightly smaller but can understand that it might cause problems for some members given eyesight problems etc. I would imagine for people with dyslexia the white on dark red must be difficult to read. If this is it though, I can live with it. The only thing I'd say that I really don't like is not being able to tell which threads I've already looked at because they don't seem to change colour.

Hope the mods are coping with the demands of everyone.

I dont understand why I havent seen any of these new backgrounds yet all I have is the black One with red text. This is becoming even more confusing as the time is going on.

Half the 'smilies' are missing - how do we now access all the others?

Ringer, see the Mods sticky thread. I wrote down how there.

Vanessa
I dont understand why I havent seen any of these new backgrounds yet all I have is the black One with red text. This is becoming even more confusing as the time is going on.

Really Vanessa? Oh that is weird. I have a kind of burgundy red background with raindrops or bubbles on it and the bit the text is on is kind of dark reddy brown.

By some of the comments from earlier it seems that it was pink hearts at some stage. I'm not sure if Bravenet are changing it randomly or if the mods are experimenting with background wallpapers (if that is even in their control).

I remember back in the day when Donna asked if the red on black was a problem and the general consensus was that it was easier to read than white writing on a dark background. This is actual proven fact for people with dyslexia. White text on dark background can seem to

As my last message got cut off it seems that there is a shorter word limit for posts than before too.

I meant to say that white text on dark background can seem to "dance" on screen for those with dyslexia so it can't be easy or good for the eyes.

I though it must be somthing to do with changes going on Liz from people saying differant colour for there backgrounds.

Oh I better be careful how much I write as well Liz thank you.

Somthing really strang as just happend, I have been on the white jeans thread and all of a suden when got to the last page all I got was the thread name repeted all down the page.

I carnt go into other thread and see all the other posts on them either, all I have is the last post and all the thread names on the forum going all down the page under it.

I have just done a post and it hasnt come up on the thread.

Vanessa I had the original one - then logged out and when I came back in my colours have now changed too.
Burgandy with bubble background, and the print has become smaller too.
The 'Cancel' 'Preview Message'and 'Post Message'
are back though.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: List of teething problems

I have just tryed loging off the forum to go to the front page of the site and I couldnt log off. I had to press home to go off the site altogether in order to get bck on, and now my background is dark red with raindrops on too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: List of teething problems

The brown writing is difficult to read.

The print of the posts is very small to read.

I don't like the new format at all.

List of teething problems ...

YAY!!! getting there :)

Just need to reduce the font size of the message headers on the index page and increase the font size of the messages themselves ...

And is it possible to increase the width of the forum (it was wider when the changes first happened) - as Kirsten discovered earlier, photos are cut off at the display width, so it could be quite restrictive as it is now.

Re: List of teething problems ...

I can't read the text at all it is so small .

Re: Re: List of teething problems ...

The page is too wide - you have to scroll over to see the right hand side!

Re: Re: Re: List of teething problems ...

I know you are still experimenting,
but I do find the present two toned red
with water droplet back ground and
small writing, very harsh and glary
on the eyes.

Re: Re: Re: Re: List of teething problems ...

I didn't realise we were having a new site format. I thought it was my pooter last night, so turned it off thinking it would right itself in the morning. Looks like I'd need to experiment then.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: List of teething problems ...

Thanks for getting the index page more like the 'old' one. The width is now the same as before too.
It doesn't seem to be taking so long to load today either.
However the text is very small & difficult to read. Perhaps it would be better in a different colour?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: List of teething problems ...

I spoke too soon. I've just been on PKP's Kiss wallpaper thread & that is much too wide.
I can't access the quote or reply boxes.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: List of teething problems ...

Page is too wide for me too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: List of teething problems ...

It seems the 'new regime' doesn't allow the page to scroll if the image is too wide - I suspect this is to encourage the use of smaller images (helps with bandwidth, server capacity, etc), so we may have to perfect the use of the thumbnail! It is good practice anyway - and enormously helpful to those on slower connections, especially those accessing the forum by mobile phone ... except it seems we can't do that anymore either!

Re List of teething problems ...

It's better but not quite there yet. For me it is too wide and the print much too small - uncomfortable. It is most off-putting.

Re: Re List of teething problems ...

I agree with Jan. Screen too wide, so you have to keep scrolling back and forth and, although I can read the print, it is much too small to use for any length of time. After a while everything blurs.

Poor Mods, what with changing the password and trying to sort out all this, you must be tearing your hair out.

Re: Re: Re List of teething problems ...

One thing that is causing a lot of angst on another bravenet forum I use, but which hasn't made itself that apparent here yet, is that posts don't always appear in sequential order-replies seem to be inserted all over the place depending on when you clicked the reply button.
In a fast moving conversation that is going to cause problems. Is there a way to overcome this?

Re: Re: Re: Re List of teething problems ...

The red writing on grey is difficult to read. Its not pleasant at all.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re List of teething problems ...

For some reason, this new layout requires the new version of Adobe Flash to run. I can't get the new version of Adobe Flash to load on my home computer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re List of teething problems ...

there are no next page or last buttons that I can find - the last post I can read is Ringer's at 3.08pm and I'm sure there are more after that!

My god what has happened to the forum - I am appalled, I can't navigate my way round. I hate the colour schemes, I hate the format. What happened to the old forum?
Is this because of the members-only restriction, if so, can't we go back to how it was and deal with abusive posters as they occur.
I really feel upset by this.

Re: Re List of teething problems ...

I also have a problem with the screen being too wide on some of the threads, and do not get any option to scroll so I can't read half the text or see the reply buttons.

The orange print on the front Forum screen is also very hard to see.

Pages also take much longer to load up.

Sorry to be a moaner!

Amanda, this is nothing to do with us, this is Bravenet updating their product.

Oh dear, this must really be a pain for you Mods.

I tried to post a reply on the New Background - Tuesday thread but the right hand side of the page is cut off and I cant read the end of each line, so therefore, no Reply box to click on. However, the cream text on dark grey is fine, I like that.

You are doing a grand job. I will go with whatever the majority decision is.

Thanks

Nor I can I find the turn page only this one is showing but it is improving.
although i must admit I do miss the old colors.
oh i have discovered that the pages are nunbered at the end of treads if they cary on so panic is over .

I like the cream on green (on my computer!) too. Much more soothing on the eyes. Same problem as some others with having the red bubbles around it...ends of lines are getting cut off and currently unable to post on the main thread about the colour scheme, but I'm sure that's just a teething problem. Just wanted to get my vote in for the present colour scheme as it's better for me by miles than any of the others...including the original! In fact, I'll go so far as to say I really like it!

Thanks so much mods.......have you any hair left?

no reply on Tuesday tread by the way. xxxx
grey and cream easy to read. And I must admit that some things on the page are better.
You poor mods will definately need a HOLIDAY!!!!!
I just realised we have lost the smilies with birthdays ect.

Sorry in advance if this has already been said, I haven't read the whole thread, but on threads such as the 'GMIW Part 2' I am unable to reply as the Reply button appears to have disappeared.

The forum page seems that it is not wide enough for the photos posted, so it seems the Reply button has disappeared along with the right hand side of the photos!

1 2