​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exclusive performance by Lee just announced on AT show

So I'm guessing it will be Barricades.

Wooo Hooooooooooooooooooooooo

And oh lord as I am typing there he is singing a clip of NEM....and they've just confirmed it will be the Spandau track

Re: Exclusive performance by Lee just announced on AT show

Really looking forward to this, but will have to wait for Ro's upload on Timeline.

Right there with you PKP

Phew! I only just caught his performance. Didn't realise he was on today.

Ohhhhhhhh the poor lad lost his lines!!!

Oh if ever I needed confirmation that I adore this man that was it. He was soooooooooo pretty- his teeth in particular looked so fab! And his eyes were all kind of darting around and there was some spectacular breathiness ....BUT..he knew he had messed up and I think it was playing on his mind.

Bless his heart.That's live for you.

There are no words!

There arewords Claire but they aren't permitted here!!

Just re-watched...see his thumb in his pocket? It's stroking like he used to on Jacob's hand.
And his lovely, lovely expressive eyebrows and his hunchy up and down shoulders and jutting chin.

Oh the things he does to me this man!

And that final look-when he squares up to the camera and locks his piercing eyes with yours. Pure unadulterated Swoonsville!!!

It was the looks. Not just the end one, but throughout. It brought me back to Princey Lee - and you know how I used to get during that!

I loved it!

Also loving all the buttons on his T-shirt.
And the gritting of his teeth when he sang 'come to me when you're asleep'.
And the stubble on his upper lip.
And his adam's apple on 'and the stars reach down and tell us..'

And watch his eyes on 'desperation keeps us strong'- they convey desperation better than anyone I can think of.

And then the unfurling of those magnificent fingers on the final 'and we made our love'

Fair to say I rather liked this performance...off to spot some more!

I loved the eyes at that part Toni!

Wow, that was so good!

I saw it live, and I can tell you it was superb and at the time I didn't notice any mistakes. This was probably because I had only listened to the track just once on the morning I went to the At show. He covered them so well that you could say it was meant to be like that.

And didn't he look gorgeous too! I touched those shoulders that day!

He DID cover it well Jazzylou. It's only because I know the words so well that I noticed ( and because I was hanging off his every word, maybe!).

He was fantastic, but having watched it a number of times now I do get the impression that he was holding back somewhat, like he sometimes seemed to in parts of Joseph, because if he really unleashed his voice at full throttle it would have just blown everyone away.

That was just wonderful and I didn't notice any mistakes! I was at the AT show when it was recorded and there was a false start but the actual performance was spell binding and seeing him close up on the TV was a treat.

A little insight into the lyric fluff (which to my mind simply makes the performance unique) ... he was standing by the autocue behind where we were sitting, talking to one of the production team before the recording, and it sounded as though either two of the lines were reversed or the same line was repeated twice ... Meady said something like 'human race, right' ... but when the time came, he was just lost in the moment!

Gotta love that about him :)

I just loved his whole performance and he looked so stunning again, dressed all in black...
I also love the way always says 'thank you' at the end of his songs. A guy with manners - wonderful

I'd delete it if it weren't too late. Please don't think I was criticising him!

I havent seen it yet! Stupid work!!

Toni - Don't worry! I know how much you adore Lee and that you would NEVER criticise him!!

Amanda just after the big crescendo of 'turn around and I'll be there' he began to sing 'thought we were...' and then mumbled 'a borderline case ' and continued 'but we were just another human race' singing it through his teeth and not really pronouncing the words with his usual perfect diction because he had the two lines round the wrong way.

I wish I hadn't mentioned it now if not every one was going to notice it. Sorry

er..........excuse me......did someone just mention princey Lee?

Claire, me and you need to go for a drink my girl!

I saw it too and he sang it beauuuutifully!

I didn't notice any errors either

He looked lovely and his voice was just wonderful. I don't have the album NEM so I didn't notice the words muddle. I don't suppose anyone who wasn't a Lee fan or who knew the song well realised anything was wrong. I am sure he made a few more fans with that performance.

I didn't notice the mistake either. I don't suppose anyone would, unless they knew the lyrics.

It's on youtube already- thanks to sj.

Toni
He was fantastic, but having watched it a number of times now I do get the impression that he was holding back somewhat, like he sometimes seemed to in parts of Joseph, because if he really unleashed his voice at full throttle it would have just blown everyone away.

I wonder how much of that has to do with the sound system and size of the studio? TV studios are not very big spaces generally but add to that the variations in sound systems, I'd imagine he would have to make adjustments for all of these tv appearances. Well, that's what sound checks are for at any rate.

You can feel the power (and emotion) in his voice even when he is holding back, so it'll be great when he gets to tour and really unleash the The Voice in some good-sized venues, without fear of busting the mikes!

coofy new
er..........excuse me......did someone just mention princey Lee?

Claire, me and you need to go for a drink my girl!

So long as it's of the non-alcoholic variety - I'm detoxing! I remember a time in Row A when I was struggling so much to contain myself when Lee appeared cross armed that I was actually biting my knuckle to keep the excitement in - Lee looked over at me and smirked before going back to masterful mode!

What kind of smirk was it?

Was it a "princey, masterful, large and in charge" kind of smirk?

Or was it an adorable, "I can't believe I have this effect on women" kind of smirk?

Where is it on Youtube??? I can't find it [falls to earth and grabs chest in desperation]

Thanks to sjlovelees for putting this up so quickly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46yo0W1Dkw8

The smirk is on You Tube???

OMG Claire!! why did I never have row A? I missed a trick there!

Whatever smirk it was, IT WAS A SMIRK! I'd love to be smirked at by Lee. In fact, thinking about it, he is smirking slightly in my picture with him on the 'bashed his bonce' night!

Not quite the same though.......I know that princey smirk........I want some of that now!!!

PKP it was the adorable type!

ok, be quiet Claire, I think that's enough!

No, no, I want to hear more! Coofy, you'll have to grin and bear it!

Aww, an adorable smirk. I'd love to see the other kind though, although not in character for the real Lee is it?

Have just watched the YouTube clip (why do clients and family keep interrupting me! BAH!). He's just creeeeeeeeeeemy deliciousness! The lyrics flub is hardly noticeable and he covered it well. His voice just sounds soooooo beautiful and tender, oh my god!

Actually, I love seeing flubs like that in live performances -- you see the real measure of a performer in their ability to recover from things like that.

Oh wasnt Lee good as always and what a shame he made the little mistake with the words, I really felt for him.

I think Lee did really well to carey on singing the rest of the song and not losing his place in the song, because I know if it had of been me I would of, and my mind would have just gone blank and would have lost were I was in the song. You could hardly tell the mistake though I only notice because I never have NEM off.

I though he sounded amazing and really carnt wait to here him sing it on tour. I just wish they would hurry up and tell us when the dates for the tour are.

What a lovely Easter present! Much better for me than chocolate eggs! This is my favourite from the album so really lovely to see it "live".

Oh wow!!! Just saw it!!
Words stopped forming in brain!!!

Loved it!

Phew I watched it when I got home from work.
Jazzylou It brought back some very lovely memories of seeing him perform that day.
I didn't really notice the mistake on the day.
He did cover it up very well. bless him.

Clair Ooohhh reading your post brought back a few memories of Princey Lee.
Some nights he could be more Princey than other nights.

How lucky was I - decided I could watch it in work - was in a meeting until 3.30 and when I finally got to switch TV on, the break had just finished and AT was announcing Lee!!!! Absolutely fantastic - I can only imagine how it must have sounded live, you lucky lot - and Jazzylou - touched those shoulders - THUD THUD

(thanks to lotti b for the avatar)

Only just got around to watching this.

Breathtaking!

If this is a taste of what delights might be in the tour(if we get the delight of a tour!) then please announce the dates soon!

(with thanks to Lotti B for the amazing painting in my avatar)

Screencaps and video downloads from yesterday's glorious performance are now on the Timeline:

LINKY THING

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the avoidance of doubt, %%bbCodeItem_1%% my avatars are courtesy of the lovely lotti_b!

Oh! Fabulous
Just look at him - he is so so stunning and his voice
just gets me right .....here!
Moving and closing eyes again - WOW! - love it...

Thank you so much Ro

Thanks Ro, those caps are stunning!

ETA - Thanks also for the downloads, just re-watched the performance again.

Oh wow! Screencaps AND avatars! THUD!

Oh Lee Mead!!! You beautiful creature!

Ro- your screencaps on the timeline are utterly, utterly, exquisitely gorgeous and have killed me! Quite possibly the most quintessential collection of all that is him.

What are we to dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

**** and bu**eration - totally forgot about this - my fault as haven't been on here for ages as so busy.

Plus now got to find my way round the new format of forum!! I don't know, look what happens when you're not about for a while!!

Thanks so much Ro for the linky thing to the video of Lee's performance and the screen caps. What would we do without you and your wonderful timeline?

OMG, those are amazing! He's just stunning in those and unusually, the camera angle doesn't have the mike obscuring too much of his face! It was a beautiful, emotional performance -- wonderful to see it captured like that.

Thank you so much, Ro!