​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hard task ahead!

I've a hard task ahead - but it's got to be done some time - OH moaning as there's no memory on skylus and its full of 'that Lee Mead'. So I've promised I'll spend today transferring it all onto DVD. How awful, I'll have to sit here watching it all day as it transfers - to make sure nothing goes wrong you understand. Oh No!!!

Re: Hard task ahead!

Our thoughts are with you Brenda. LOL

Don't know whether I can bring myself to do it though!

But if Lee can endure what he didn't want to - well, I should just get on with it!

Ok, squirming over - I'm reaching for the remote!!

(thanks for Lotti b for all my pics)

I have to do this as well Brenda in the next few days, keep getting told 'all your Lee stuff is clogging up the box'!! I know its a hard task , but its going to be ...........sheer BLISS

Lee's looking a little worried!!

But now he's given me the nod!!!

But I've assured him I'll continue to watch them on DVD, so he's actually thanking me!!!
So must get to it - will check back in later!!! Have a good day everyone, whatever you feel you have to do in the 'need for Mead'.

Brenda, just love the little videos that come with your messages! Is this a result of all the changes or could this have been done before?

Hi Val, it's new (yay) - when you add a message, you can put the "direct link" code from under your photobucket pic in the "Avatar URL" box above the "subject" box- just delete one of the "http" codes as it appears twice - hope you understand this, but if not, email me if you want to try it. Wasn't my idea - saw Ro's and copied it, thanks Ro!

Sorry about your hard task ahead. So sorry you'll have to watch Lee Mead all day- you lucky lady. I'm just wondering if I post here whether I'll get one of those Lee mini videos by my posting.

Ah, all done, glad that's out of the way - had to keep looking at that curly haired/messy haired guy doing interview after intervew, show after show, song after song - but ah ended with "Through the Barricades" - now that's what I call a good few hours of fun.

And Jill, forgive me earlier, it was your avatar I saw which made me have a go, just before Ro's (any avatars i use are courtesy of lotti b - thanks they are wonderful)

Oh and Jan, see the instructions above - and if you click into the "links" at the top of the main LMAS page, it's where you'll find lotti b's avatars.

Technophobe trying to test an avatar YAY! It works. Thanks Brenda (and Lotti-B for doing the hard work by making them in the first place!)

Can I just add a comment on the use of avatars as it is new to many of you.

Wherever you find them (and Lotti's are understandably in great demand!), you should always save them and upload them to your own Photobucket account (or similar) before using them. And I'm sure it goes without saying that you should only do so if the owner has made it clear (as Lotti has) that they are available for others to use.

It is considered bad netiquette to link directly to someone else's images or avatars (a practice known as 'hot-linking').

OK .. shutting up now :)

It must be 'clear the box out Friday', have just done exactly the same thing today, my OH had been dropping heavy hints about lack of space on the Sky+ box and how it was full of 'that Mead bloke'! Lovely way to spend a couple of hours thougb x

That's going to be my task tonight as well with the BBCA ADWD stuff. Funny how we're all in sync like this!

Thanks for all the lovely comments about my avatars, and most of all to Ro for the explanation about hot-linking ... very much appreciated

Thank you Ro and Lotti b for the info on Avatar's. What would we do without your technical knowledge?

No problem Mackers - do let me know if you need any help with the saving, uploading etc., so you can stop hot-linking to Lotti's LJ Gallery :)

Here, here Mackers!!

Brenda,I am quite enchanted by all these little videos, especially, oooer and and oops. But when I see, someone needs a hug, I see one of my grown-up sons who, I am sure never needs a hug, but I often do!

I do have a photo bucket account, but don't use it much. I should try and be more techy! Thanks for the offer. I must try harder!

Ooooh Val - does your son look like Lee? - it reminded of someone in work who asked if the photo on my desk was me and my son!! A friend said "yes, she wishes he was her son, and she still wants to bath him"!!!!! the type of people I work with!!!!!!!
Oh, and get onto photobucket and give it a try.

How have a lot of you got the mini videos of Lee posted with your message?

Jan, if you look back amongst the posts on this thread, there's a couple with instructions. If you can't follow them, email me and I'd be glad to help.
sorry don't know why its not showing my email address, but it is brenda.melding@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Brenda Lucky Lady LOL

Wish I could spend all day viewing the Meadster LOL

BTW am trying out an avatar

ETA It worked yeah

As the avi worked will try my Banner

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc110/trish1363/sleepyleebannerresize1-1.jpg

Credit Polydor GMYAS

ETA think i need help with that one

Lets try

Credit polydor GMYAS
Yes cracked it

Don't know how you transfer one of lotti b's avators from links, next to a posting.

good luck brenda

Love the sLEEpy Lee Trish.
Oh and Ann-Marie - I've found something else that needs transferring from sky-plus to dvd - oh no, I've got to watch that gorgeous not so curly haired guy again - think I need a drink. Looks like it will be a large malibu and coke - it seemed to do the trick on Sunday evening to help in the dreams department. Think it was my first (and I don't mean the malibu and coke!!!)