​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This Sunday on Any Dream Will Do

For those keeping track, this Sunday BBCA will be airing the second Live show... which means Lee will be singing Bad Day to America on My Birthday!!!!

Couldn't think of a better present

Re: This Sunday on Any Dream Will Do

Happy Birthday for Sunday. Sounds perfect to me! Just wondering if you are watching American Idol too? If so what do you think of Adam's performance this week? Blew me away. Watching it almost as much as TTB!!

What a lovely day you'll have!!!

Happy Birthday for Sunday

Yeah, Adam's doing great. I loved that reign of fire number, too.

Should be interesting, but the BBCA forums don't seem all that keen on the series so far, ie., not much posting. However it's impossible to know what kind of audience numbers the show is getting. It's obviously not getting anywhere near the numbers that a show like American Idol would get, with legions of online viewers debating every line, every outfit, every singer, etc.

Have a lovely birthday Ringer, and enjoy the show! (as if I have to add that last bit!!)

Happy birthday, Ringer!

Happy birthday for Sunday Ringer, what a lovely present. I went on Youtube and watched Bad Day again, I'm sure the American audience will fall in love with it (just like we all did!)

I think the fact that it's an old show is hurting the debating point. Maybe we should show them how it's done?

Also, from comments on this forum, a lot of people found the show later in the series. Just a wait and see at this point. It's ashame they're editing the results show as much as they are because there was a lot of good character pieces in there -- and the missions!! I hope we don't loose the missions!!!

Will just have to wait and see at this point.

Happy Birthday Ringer. My easter is full of birthdays. My daughters today 10th. Mytwin sisters Monday, My daughter in law Moday < My grandaughter Tuesday !!!! Looking forward to hearing how Jo goes down over your side of the pond, Surly they cant fail to take him to their hearts. Have you seen the him sing "Through the Barriccades yet I though it was beautiful. . Happy Birthday again Ringer.

Have a lovelee birthday Ringer. Watching himself on TV great.

Happy Birthday, Ringer!

Happy Birthday, Ringer. Will watch this one with you again. Have a great time!

GEFELICITEERD !!!!
Congratulations with your birthday Ringer and what a way to celebrate it.

Have a great birthday Ringer

Happy birthday for Sunday Ringer - have a great day

Happy Birthday, Ringer!

Yeah, I think you're right -- the series might be more of a slow burn sort of thing for people. It takes a bit to get to know the guys and get attached to them, root for them, etc. etc.

I would assume that the sort of audience that normally watches BBC America is not the type that would normally watch American Idol, but that's just guesswork on my part.

Happy Birthday Ringer for tomorrow

Enjoy the show - dont forget to vote for Lee LOL

Now we're the envious ones Ringer. How I wish they would reshow it here.
Happy Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Ringer... what a lovely gift for you. You could be THAT girl!!! Enjoy.

Happy Birthday Ringer. I wish I could watch Lee in ADWD all over again.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RINGER!!

Hope you're having a loveLEE day

Happy Birthday wishes from me to you Ringer. Have a great day!

Happy birthday, Ringer

Happy Birthday Ringer, enjoy ADWD!

happy birthday ringer

couldn think of a better way to celeebrate lol

iam jelious not being able to watch all over again

have a love lee day !!!!!!!!

YEA! I finally figured out how to post on LMAS from home again -- I just stopped using IE and started usin Mozilla!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. It's been a wonderful day with Easter egg hunts at church and a family dinner afterwards.

Just saw the show. A friend of mine from Wisconsin called up during the judges comments to tell me she was watching the show at her house and was blown away by Bad Day -- now THAT'S a birthday present!

Looks like they're cutting out the first song and the mission segments. And they did an hour long version of the first live show before hand that was cut way back to just a little bit of introduction of the performer, the performance, the judges' comments, the final vote, the sing off, and they send off. None of the extra stuff. It's amazing that they made it fit, actually. So we're going to get two different versions of the show over her it seems.

BBCA did a splash in the left corner encouraging people to look at the pictures on the web page to get folks to log on and discuss, I guess. But There's really no other content on the site to draw people in. They could have included some of the edited content and the podcasts. Maybe they'll add stuff over time???

Okay, so then I logged onto the bbcamerica.co.uk site and there's a section on page that lists the top shows on the channel. Any Dream Will Do was third down with the tag line under it "Who's your favorite Joseph, check out the head shots".

Next to this is that picture of Lee, peering across cyberspace in that brown shirt with the blue check outlines and the black jacket.

Not giving away the game there, are they?

Are you still awake? Hope you had a fantastic day/evening in Lee land :-) Penblwyd hapus i chi oddi wrth Carys

Happy birthday for yesterday Ringer and loads of hugggs. What a treat. Do you know how people are reacting to the show yet I hope he will be appreciated there too.

There's a wonderful blog that posts every week. The writer is very kind about Lee.

http://musicalangel12.blogspot.com/2009/04/who-has-bad-day.html

Thank you for that chrissi

I noticed on the blog that it was mentioned that the mission will be shown in next week's ep (the loincloth mission if memory serves me right).

I suppose it's easier to cut the group songs/missions than parts of solo performances or judges' comments. It's still a shame, though. Pity they can't be as ruthless on American Idol - the results shows lasts an hour (at least), mainly because of unnecessary padding (in Motown week they had three 'guest' performances in the results show - really unnecessary)!

I wonder why they haven't put clips of the Joes' performances (or youtube links) on the website? That would seem to be the logical thing to do!

I think the posting order's gone wacko again :(

Thanks for the Welsh birthday wish, Carys.

They did show a preview of the the boys in their loincloths for next weeks show. YEA!!! Can't leave that out. But how much we'll get and at what cost, I don't know.

Hi Ringer, sorry I missed this thread, and a belated Happy Birthday - hope you had a fantastic ADWD day!