​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
flashdance the musical

on sat 11th april i went to see flashdance the musical in bristol and it was very good. it starred bernie nolan from the nolan sisters and bruno langley who played todd grimshaw in corrie and noel sullivan who was in the pop group hearsay from popstars.also lees ex-girlfriend kerry stammers was a dancer in it she wasnt to bad. but i thought the musical was very good. cant wait to take my daughter lizzie to see high school musical as she is nearly 7 and she is into that sort of thing at the moment

Re: flashdance the musical

Ann-Marie- Sounds like you are doing a lot of fun things at the moment.

I saw this show last year. Bernie was very good and I thought Kerry was excellent but apart from the one song it didn't come up to other shows for me.

i dont want to sit at home being bored all the time. i have to keep busy

i went to see this on the 1st of april, in norwich, sat upatairs in the stalls so a lot of atmosphere is lost! but never the less very good. off to see joseph in norwich on wed, cant say i not gonna miss the presence of a certain someone though

I saw flashdance in Oxford just before Christmas. It was good. Kerry Stammers played Gloria they announced this at the beginning so I guess she was the understudy, she has quite a powerful voice for a small girl and was very good. A question for you all I went with three friends and they all said it was very raunchy but I didnt feel this to which they replied thats because I watched Lee so many times in just a loin cloth. Did any of you find Flashdance raunchy?

If the stage version is the same as the film, then yes, it could be described as raunchy. Alex works in a strip club at nights and does raunchy routines, including one where she's drenched in water as she dances!

I'm wondering if they've changed character names in the stage version, because there's no character called 'Gloria' listed in the film cast.

yes i did i dont think its suitable for young children