​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee lyrics

Right..in need of something to fill the long weeks with no Lee.

Which lines of Lee's songs are the ones you wait to come round? You know the ones that make your insides jump about; not just the lyrics themselves ,but the way he sings them. I have a long list but that would spoil the thread, so I'll start with just 2.

1.Just call out my name (second & third time ) from You've Got a Friend.

2. That little groan he does in Drops of Jupiter (Does that qualify as a lyric?) Well it's my thread so Yes!!!!

Come on everyone, get listening (& posting suggestions)

Re: Lee lyrics

Hi Cassie,
it's the way he says 'waaaaaasted' at the end of Barricades.
I also love the line 'tangled up in you' in Collide!

Yes Lynne. Tangled up in you was the next one on my list!!!!

these lines from Good To Be Alive seem to have a special meaning for me at the minute since my heart attack:

It’s the little things you do
That remind me after all this time
It’s so good to be alive
It’s good to be alive

I absolutely LOVE Holding On To Letting Go!

Right at the beginning, "...getting the rythm right"
Mmmmm gets me every time LOL! Then there's various points throughout this song that gets me.
That little bit he sings before the last chorus "...just tell me how to stay together" then the way he sings the chorus after that is amazing
"I just wanna faaaall apart" Haha I could go on but I'll save it

My favourites are the way he says "school" in TTB and in WTSGB I like the line "laughing with your lovers tongue"

I love "school" in TTB as well Jazzylou. I thought I was alone

Trulee- it's lovely you have a personal reason to like Lee's song lyrics

I also like the 'school' bit in TTB LOL

There's also Drops of Jupiter- "wind sweep you OFF your feet" and "Tell me!"

Time to Say Goodbye has a few parts in it too that I like x

Oh goodness, there are so many! Off the top of my head:

-all the growly bits in You've Got a Friend

-"the detail in your voice" in Holding On to Letting Go

-"in a wedding gown" in When the Stars Collide

-"the higher I soar, the deeper I fall" in When I Need You the Most

I too have lots but here are just a couple for now.

I agree with PKP - 'The higher I soar, the deeper I fall', -I loved that line from the first time I heard the album.
The growly bits in 'You've got a Friend'
The ALW Gala version of CED - the line 'I know I shall find', there's just a certain croak in his voice that gets me every time!!!
'Next Time You Fall in Love' - the line 'broken hearts can be repaired, that's something that you learn'!!

There are loads more, but that'll do for now.

"'Cause I can't Breathe You Out..."

Sounds about right :)

I don't quite know where to begin - there are so many.

Collide - I love it when he sings 'I've lost my place I'm close behind'

Breathe You Out - 'I'm the man - I can be the man that you wanted me to be.'

Through The Barricades - 'Oh turn around and I'll be there, well there's a scar right through my heart but I'll bare it again'
The power of his voice at that point in the song, makes me go all wobbly

When the Stars go blue - 'Laughing with your lover's tongue in a lullaby' - it's the way he pronounces/sings 'lover's tongue' PHEW!

Drops of Jupiter - 'Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet' - (just his superb and versatile voice)...

and many many more....

The line in "Through the Barricades" ..... "oh, turn around and I'll be there" - when, after the quiet part, the orchestra suddenly surges in and his voice soars ....

A/Liz we definitely agree on that one - LOL!

Oh, Curly Liz, I agree with all of those, particularly this one:

Breathe You Out - 'I'm the man - I can be the man that you wanted me to be.'

That line just kills me!

Oh Trulee. I can see why those lines must mean a lot to you. I hadn't thought of it like that but you must, every time you hear them.
Loving reading your suggestions everyone. Need to re listen to some tracks I feel, particularly TTB for the "School" bit.

Me too i love him singing that line

great thread Cassie, I'll listen later!

You realise we are all now going to have to listen to both CDs to reacquaint ourselves with Lee's lyrics? Such hardship

I'll force myself,A Liz!

Through The Barricades - 'Oh turn around and I'll be there, well there's a scar right through my heart but I'll bare it again'

LOL CL, Freudian slip there I think!! I suspect you mean 'bear it again'

Marg W... I did think about that for a long time LOL! but if you read the Lyrics printed inside the little book that came with the album, that's how they spelt it - so I just followed their spelling.
Otherwise - it may time for me to change my specs
again! oooops!

So it does!!! I never noticed that before, it gives a whole new slant to the lyric

Marg W - I also looked up the dictionary version and I quote: unclothed - without the natural conventional or usual covering, just sufficient (as in bare minimum) unembellished PHEW!!! I'm just thinking back to the loin cloth here. amongst other interpretations.
It is also the past tense of bear...
So neither of us are far out
I've learnt quite a lot there thanks Marg

I think it is meant to be bare as in I will show my heart again not bear as in put up with it. Just my opinion
As for lyrics that I like...
agree with "I'm the man..."
"I never said I loved you all this time
I never said I need you in my life
without you, I miss you, I can't go on"

from Everything I left behind

I also like the wasted line in TTB

LOL! I've just read through this thread going ' Oh , I love that one....I love that one too.... OH!!!! I LOOOOOOOVE that one.....oh, I just loooooove thaaaaaaaaaaat onnnnnnnnnnnnnne!!!!' until I got to the point that I could not contain the silent squee inside any longer and I said out loud ' oh yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss'.Good job I'm on my own tonight-anyone hearing might wonder what on earth is going on my front room!!

I like in the live version of TTB when the sings "grrrrrrraves."

What a great idea for a thread. I love loads of Lee lyrics, but off the top of my head ...

"I guess I'm not that good at keeping love alive for long" from Next Time you fall in Love, his voice is totally melting.

I agree with "I'm the man, I can be the man that you wanted me to be" .... I actually find that I am inwardly bracing myself for that line, so powerfully determined does he sound in putting the story across!!

TRuthiexx - I just love your first one too - Lee at his absolute 'melting' best...PHEW!

Going slightly o/t for a moment - There is one lyric (or more precisely one vocal) I dislike. Not from Lee of course, but from HW.

In the AIAOY duet at ALW's birthday party she has some very strange pronunciation. At the end of one verse it sounds like she is saying 'That's all I yask of you'. She puts an 'h' in world as in 'a whorld with no more night'.

I found this very strange given her background and training. This is just one reason I prefer Lee and Connie's version.

And speaking of Lee & Connie's version, getting back on topic, I love his 'love me' and 'you know I do'.

Some more Lyrics I absolutely love Lee singing are

From the Christmas show - and the song 'If I Can Dream'

I just love the way he sings 'Lost in a cloud too much rain'
Also 'As long as a man has the strength to dream'
and 'While I can dream please let my dream come true' Sung on his bended knee - in my view just WOW! WOW! WOW!...
The outfit he wore wasn't bad either

Only just caught up with this thread and agree with so many of you. But also loove
NEM..With each day that passes I just love you more
MTW..close your eyes and just reach out your hand and touch me THUD!!!
TTSG..I've heard them all a thousand times
There's more but I must go.

After a bit more research -

"It won't be looong before I say my ta-tas" - from Some of us belong to the stars. Adorable.

I don't know why but I always had a thing about the way he sung/said "After all they have tried fratricide" in Joseph, but maybe it had something to do with the Princey/angry look.

There are so many. Off to do more research.

Not my favourite song but when he shouts out "I belong to the stars" at the end of the song of the same name I cant resist shouting back "You do ideed babe " much to everyones amusement.