​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Womans Own Today

Two page article in todays W.O. Quit confusing as it starts of by saying (Lee & Denise) intend to make a home in America,
Lee is quoted as saying he is doing a six week acting class in the hope of getting T>V. or film work so is this the six weeks we have heard about and not a holiday?
It also mentions that he hopes to be touring in the U,K during August/ September which is earlier than has been reported before
Mark Bolan also gets a mention saying this maybe a poss. in the spring.
It then goes back to the "I would love a baby !!!!!
so quite a mixed message both old and new But it is a two page article has a fab picture of the man and is actually headed "LEE and Denise go Stateside" he gets the top spot for a change. !

Re: Womans Own Today

Thanks Maggie. I had heard about this and from what I interpreted it's mere speculation.

Lee and Denise spotted in NY, they must be moving over there!

Well, if he gets a TV spot, yeah, they would be moving over here... then they can say "You heard it here first".

Sounds like a lot of re-cooping and speculation, as neither Lee or Den haven't been available to do a proper interview anyway.

It just sounds like typical cobbled together rubbish! He may well spend time in the US, but I can't see him making a permanent home there.

Well, I think Denise already owns a home in LA (is that correct?) so maybe they plan to spend a little more time there. Perhaps that's what they meant??

I can't see them moving here to America permanently, as they just bought the home in Kent and they really seem to be in love with it, based on what they've said in interviews. It would take an awful lot for them to give that up.

Maybe a U.S. television series for Lee? I'm thinking of Irish actor Jason O'Mara, whom I had never seen or heard of. Then he showed up last fall in a TV series called "Life on Mars" (based on a British show, I forget which one). Anyway, I was quite taken with Jason O'Mara -- he was quite adorable, with blue, blue eyes. He was superb in the role. He played a NYC detective and he did the New York accent so perfectly that I thought he was a native New Yorker. (And I myself have a very noticeable NY accent, so I would know one when I hear it.) Then I saw O'Mara on a talk show and he spoke with his Irish accent and I was so surprised because I totally thought he was American based on his accent in the show.

I'm also reminded of Welsh actor Matthew Rhys, who stars on another series I watch called "Brothers and Sisters" starring Sally Field. Matthew Rhys plays one of the sons, and he is my favorite character on the show. Like with Jason O'Mara, Rhys's American accent is so convincing that I did not know he was Welsh until I heard him on a talk show.

So maybe something like that is in the cards for Lee. It seems Jason O'Mara and Matthew Rhys made the jump to American television fairly successfully.

(BTW, Life on Mars got cancelled after only 4 months and it had a very devoted following and fans like me were furious and upset over the cancellation. I'm sure Jason O'Mara will be back in another show.)

Anyway, I can see our Meadster learning to do an American accent if he were offered a television series here.

I can't see Lee wanting to settle in US either, however it is quite feasible that he would take a job over there for a while.

I am really surprised that 'Life on Mars' was cancelled; It was a huge success over here, It ran for three series (I think, - may have been two). It was so successful that they made a follow up series featuring some of the same characters - 'Ashes to Ashes', which is currently in it's second series.

Oh, yeah, that was the one I was thinking of: Ashes to Ashes.

I loved "Life on Mars" and it had a really devoted following. The ABC-TV message boards were filled with protests from angry fans when the cancellation was announced.

i cant remmemebr where i saw it but lee said in an interview he would never move to america perminantly he said he couldnt do that to his mum he is to family orrinatated if denise has home over there then they might be there part time but i dont see them perminantly living there !!!!!!!!

That's just speculation I'm sure.

He's already too late for pilot season. All the networks just did their upfront announcements for the fall season, so those shows that go back to or start production will begin shooting in July. He could still get a guest spot on a series or, of course, for a film, but he won't get a recurring or regular role for a series now.

There's no reason to move to LA unless you get a series gig. Very few shows shoot in NYC. British actors have always been a big part of the Hollywood scene. I'm sure that Hugh Laurie's success in "House" has made British actors more in demand than ever in LA. Remember last winter's rumor that Lee would be in "Grey's Anatomy" for a 6-week run?

However, the life of a jobbing actor is basically nomadic. I expect the Kent and London homes will be their base and they will go to LA or NY as work demands it, but not to settle down.

Agree with others, I'm sure this is just journalistic 'cobbled together' speculation and 'we'll make up a story to fit the pictures as we go along' sort of thing. I remember in an interview Denise gave, last year, I think, she said she loved her LA apartment as it was light and airy, as opposed to her Hampstead home which was darker, but she said she could never live there permanently...for one thing she said she'd miss her cup of tea too much! Perhaps it's 'tea-to-go' she has in those cartons rather than 'coffee-to-go' Think both of them would miss their families too much to permanently up sticks.

I'll be putting up this article on the main site (Latest News) this afternoon.
Editing my post now....... it's up!

Thanks Kirsten
It is good to have you back

Thanks, Kirsten and welcome back!

Thanks, Kirsten, for the magazine scan.

What a 'rubbish' article. It is just a series of old quotes (some of which are now not relevent) and speculation. The only good thing is that Lee continues to stay in the news, while he has time-out doing what he wants to do out of the spotlight (bar the odd photos of course.)

Hey Linda, the original series WAS called "Life on Mars" in the UK. "Ashes to Ashes" was the spinoff and features a woman going back in time this time (to July 14, 1981 of all dates!!!)

And Two seasons in the UK added to a total of 12 shows, so there's actually two more shows to the American version. I was spoiled by the British LOM, so I couldn't get past the changes the made to the American version, so I didn't watch much of it. I saw part of the first episode and part of the last -- which had something to do with them being astronauts and going to Mars? Could you explain how that happened please?

Back to Len and Den moving over to the US thing. I think they'd want to raise the kids on the Kent farm rather than LA.

Gosh Ringer! An even shorter marriage than Britney Spears and Thingy......

Who's Len?

Thank you Kirsten for the scans and all the lovely updates on the front page!!

I hope we don't lose Lee to the States. We want to keep him here in England. I don't mind if he wants to spend some time there.

Thank you Kirsten welcome back.

Thank you Kirsten for the updates. Hope you had a good holiday

Thank you!!
I had a fabulous time and it was VERY hot! 30 - 32 degrees most days. A very lazy holiday this time with just a couple of day trips, otherwise laying by the pool, with the girls spending the whole day in it!!

Booking to go back same place, same time next year....so guess that says it all!

Sounds absolutely wonderful Kirsten - so glad you had a good relaxing time with your family.