​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
breast cancer concert sunday oct 4th

just to let you know that lee will be appearing at a special variety concert for breast cancer at the picadilly theatre on sunday 4th october tickets go on sale on monday 15th june. denise will be appearing also

Re: breast cancer concert sunday oct 4th

Thanks Ann-marie for the heads up

Thanks Ann-Marie, where did you find this?

Here's an article in the Stage. Doesn't mention Lee, except as having taken part last year. http://www.thestage.co.uk/news/newsstory.php/24686/west-end-actors-to-star-in-variety-show-to

When will we know if he is appearing then, I am confused!

Just keep checking the concert website and 'The Stage' website for updates - they're adding performers to the line-up all the time!

Surely his website should let us know as soon as it is confirmed. Isn't that why we signed up?

That reads to me like he's NOT appearing.

His website is for the music side of his career (i.e. his albums), so probably wouldn't list one-off concert appearances, especially if they're MT concerts.

There is another Charity Concert on the same night 4th October at the Drury Lane Theatre in aid of CLIC Seargent a charity that works with children and families of those children that are undergoing treatment of Cancer. The concert is 'Broadway to West End by Special Arrangement'

Below is how it is being billed on SEE Tickets

£200 Gold Ticket customers will receive pre-show drinks, interval drinks and an invitation to the after-show party with the cast and crew.

All customers will recieve a FREE souvenir programme.

Broadway to West End by Special Arrangement

Sunday 4 October 2009 7.30pm

Celebrating the career of award-winning arranger and orchestrator, William David Brohn.

Music and songs from Show Boat to Oliver!

With a cast of stars from the West End including (subject to availability):

Rosemary Ashe, Graham Bickley, Kim Criswell, Daniel Evans, Gareth Gates, Alison Jiear, Josie Lawrence, Alistair McGowan, Robyn North, Charlotte Page, Jodie Prenger, Joanna Riding, plus many more to be announced.

Special appearances by:

Stephen Flaherty, Christopher Jahnke, Claude-Michel Schonberg, Stiles & Drew, Gareth Valentine.

Top show songs from:

Carousel, Crazy for You, Curtains, Mary Poppins, Miss Saigon, My Fair Lady, Oklahoma! Oliver! Ragtime, Show Boat, South Pacific, Sweet Smell of Success, The Three Musketeers, Wicked, The Witches of Eastwick

All proceeds to go to support CLIC Sargent the UK's leading children's cancer charity

Now - which one do you get tickets for.......?
ps: and this may be wrong, but I think RUG are promoting the Drury Lane Concert

Johartuk, I know we keep being told that Lee's website only deals with his albums but why doesn't he have a website for everything else? It would keep his fans happy and stop all the speculation about future events.

I honestly don't know the answer to that. But having a website wouldn't stop speculation - we'd still be waiting around for info! Lee can't say anything yet about his future plans. He'll make an announcement when he's able to. Until then, we just have to wait!

I'll second that, johartuk. And let's not forget that this acting class that he's taking is for the enhancement of his career.
We could speculate till we're blue in the face but he'll be back when he's good and ready.