​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Which are your favourite Lee performances?

Out of all that Lee has done so far, which are your favourite Lee performances?

Re: Which are your favourite Lee performances?

Good post Jan2.

I used to love the reprise of Close Every Door in the show but other than Joseph stuff I'd say, New York, New York, Devil in Disguise, the Party in the Park Love Changes Everything and All I Ask of You with Connie. As you can see it is difficult to narrow down! But for me he was at his most wowing as Joe!

What about you?

My favourites tends to be most of the songs he did in ADWD (particularly like Daydream Believer), plus Close every Door from Joseph and the Dutch performance, plus Love Changes everything, All I ask of you with Connie, plus When the stars go blue with Hayley Westernra. He definitely wowed as Joseph. His voice was so powerful.

oooh, tricky tricky question!
Have decided not to ponder on it (or I'd be here all night) but to just go with what immediately springs to mind.

CED-in particular Dutch performance (wow!)and also This Morning

Paint it Black -on ADWD and Strictly for the sheer rawness, exuberance and power combined with fantastic storytelling

ADWD reprise with Jacob in Joseph. Loving the tenderness.

Through the Barricades on AT- loving the huskiness

Make it with you on AT as it was the first time we saw 'new' material after he won the role of Joseph and Oh how he milked the camers fo rall he was worth!

Leave right now-because Lee in a waistcoat is just Phwoaaaaaaaaaar

I don't wanna talk about it from ADWD- because it was the first song that really showcased how incredibly intense he is

Jesus Christ Superstar because he blew the opposition out of the water and blew me away at the same time!!

Don't cry for me Argentina- ditto above

Who's the Thief from Joseph simply for the seethingly masterful adonis that he portrays so convincingly.

The youtube vid of him singing for money for the washing machine- sheer brilliance wrapped up in a totally natural simple, humble, yet stunning performance

And that completes my initial choices !!!!

Love Changes Everything- Hyde Park.

I was completely rooted to the spot just listening and watching him.

"I don't want to talk about it", "Bad day" and "If I can dream".

Has to be Close Every Door on Dutch TV; an astonishing performance.(Also where has that shirt gone?!) Love Changes Everything at Hyde Park and also in the Don Black concert is also pretty special.

Dutch CED is fantastic! As were 'I Don't Wanna Talk About It', 'Bad Day', 'Paint It Black' and 'NYNY' (from ADWD).

I loved 'Some Of Us Belong To The Stars' (I didn't see it 'in the flesh', but I saw a vid and heard it on the radio). Also CED from the 2007 ALW Gala and 'Love Changes Everything' from PIP (again seen on vids and heard on the radio).

Lee's albums are my least favourite performances of Lee's. I prefer his ADWD, Joseph, and other performances. Please don't shoot me down in flames. Its only my opinion.

No-one's going to shoot you down in flames, but this thread is about FAVOURITE performances, so let's keep the discussion on topic.

Also, for what it's worth, I don't think the content of the albums can really be considered performances, unless you're talking about specific live performances of the songs (e.g. 'Through The Barricades' on the AT show or 'Paint It Black' on 'This Morning').

jan 2 you are entitiled to not like something everyone

my favourite performance is all i ask of you with connie

even the lord himself said it was outstanding it gave me shivers down my spine

kim x

I love All I Ask Of You too Kim it is One of my favs of Lee's I also like CED at the Dutch music awards and in Joseph.

I love all his ADWD performances so I couldn't just give One song out of all the shows because they is somthing great about everyone of them.

Close Every Door and New York, New York.

Vanessa- Your favourites are the same as mine.

Oh are they really Jan thats good, how funny is that. You have good taste. LOL

Yes Vanessa, You and I have excellent taste, especially about Lee.

LOL Thank You Jan, I think we all do too just for liking Lee alone.

Yes- Lee really is too gorgeous for words. When I first set eyes on Lee, I was dumbstruck at how beautiful he was. It really was like love at first sight.