​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Meadsville- The crazy and embarassing things we do!

We all love him but sometimes the infatuation gets the better of us. We try to spread the lee love to those that just don't get it, we go on and on about how gorgeous he is and I don't know about you but sometimes I want to shout it from the rooftops! it's ok if you're with like-minded people but if not, you can end up questioning whether you go on too much and you think to yourself- oops, did I just say that?

My OH had to have a quiet word in my ear once- it involved an over-excited me on a Saturday night (I don't get out much), mixing my drinks, Paint it black by The Stones on the stereo, a nice couple who are good friends and a conversation that started- 'but Greg, just supposing you were gay.....'

So the whole purpose of this thread is to take a lighthearted look at the things we have done or said, slightly cringy embarassing things while under the spell of Meady! maybe something you have said and since regretted or something you did- perhaps to prove your undying love for the GO!

Here's my finest moments-

being only a week into my new job as dental receptionist and getting my boss to open up a new window on the computer to show her 'Tour of Meadsville' on the forum. Explaining to all the dental nurses what 'tour of Meadsville' was while they er......just looked at me....and said nothing......but I have converted one!!! and in my defence my boss is a very good friend of mine and I have worked at the place before

A few days prior to my first Jo visit I did karaoke for my birthday. I chose to 'sing' ADWD (I have photo's but they're not pretty) and during the instrumental I repeatedly shouted at the top of my voice 'row C in the stalls baby, row C in the stalls!'

I just don't know what possesed me........

Re: Meadsville- The crazy and embarassing things we do!

LOL, CN, I have to know what you said after 'but Greg, just supposing you were gay.....' PMSL!

Maybe I'm just shameless (yeah, probably), but I can't think of anything I'm truly embarrassed about! Of course, I haven't yet had the earth-shattering pleasure of meeting the GO face to gorgeous face, but I would fully expect to make an absolute fool of myself. However, that's nothing new!

you don't wanna know the next thing PKP believe me, I hope Greg has forgotten too!

I guess I'm shameless too, if I was that embarassed I wouldn't have put it on here!

OH COOFY

Under the spell of meady mania i have done many things do you really want to know !!!!!!!

The daftest thing I did was mentioning to John at work that Lee turned me on. He said very loudly:
"That Annie, she pretends she's into culture and all that stuff, and all she goes to the theatre for is to look up Lee Mead's loincloth with her sweaty little binoculars."
Like a fool, I played along and said "Yes, that's right, John, all I go to the theatre for is to get a good look at Lee Mead's a**e!"
And just at that moment, my line manager walked into the area, fortunately she was creased up laughing. Now every so often at team meetings I get
"Been looking up any good loincloths lately, Annie?"

Think my most embarassing moment (which I have recounted several times on here) is when I just about lost the plot when Lee suddenly appeared in front of me after his West End Live performance last year when he was leaving the area to go back to the theatre. Seeing what a state I was in,(hyperventilating, saying OMG over & over & generally wobbling about!!!) he bounded over & said hello. I think he had almost gone out of hearing range before I was able to say a stunned hello back!! It made me more determined that I would be more calm next time I met him & actually try to have some sort of sensible exchange. Proud to say I managed that at least twice.

In addition, I do tend to be a bit of a Lee bore when with family & friends. They are used to it now & put it down to age/eccentricity. They can think that if they like!!!

I was outside going to get some lunch on my lunch hour, and this guy, in a nice suit and all asked me for directions to somewhere, then kept talking and we wound up having lunch. He actually used the "you have good energy" line on me, then made the mistake of asking me about what kept me so up beat... Oh yes, I went into the Zen of Lee culture. Never heard from that guy again. I couldn't even tell you what his name was :)

It was my eldest sons birthday on Sunday. And being somwhat inebriated (both of us) he announced to the audience "I am going to sing this song for mum because she is tottally bonkers about this bloke and I dared her not to bring the record.He then sang "Any Dream" when he finished he said "What do you need him for when you have and my little brov. To which mum replied " sorry love I just dont fancy you!!!!!