​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Lee In NY Until September

Thanks to Ro, who found this interview with Denise, which mentions that Lee's acting course lasts until September:-

LINKY THING

Re: Lee In NY Until September

Thanks for that jo but I am absolutely gutted that he will be away for another two months

Thanks Ro & jo for the interview but
we've been counting the weeks & now
he's going to be in the States all summer.

Beat me to it Jo. There are other pictures of Denise, but only the Heathrow one includes Lee.

Yes I know it is hard but think if he is successful on this course it might make him even more popular when it is all finished and might even get better offers, so although we really miss him how can we deny him that fantastic oportunity.?
Like you I was hoping he would be back for his birthday but there you go. Maybe he will send us a little message. that would be good.
xxx

Thanks Ro and Jo - for the interview. Oooh! ouch!...not home until September...a bit disappointing after we believed he would be home in the near future. Having said that - it's a fantastic course he's managed to get a place on, and he will learn so much. He's making such an effort to improve his skills, eventually for our benefit, I feel sure we can cope with these extra two months without him. It will be hard - but worth it in the end. Our guy is going to be a 'Mega Star' but we must have patience. Do miss him though

shame about Lee but we've managed so far......

I know some people that will be happy!

September! Oh no. I've been coming on here looking for news that Lee is back. Another 2 months. Oh well what does that old poster say "Keep calm and carry on!"
We must remember that he is training for bigger & better things. That's what my head says but not my heart!

Well, our patience is surely being put to the test isn't it ? But I agree with Chantale and Curly Liz, we can't deny him this great opportunity, and we'll all benefit from his improved acting skills sometime in the future, won't we ?
I was happy to read in the article that Denise hopes 'Blondes' will turn to the West End after Edinburgh, that would be great! I would love to be able to see her perfom live sometime too.

That explains the lack of concert news then. If there were any planned, they obviously had to put them on hold for this. Hasn't Lee always said that this industry changes on a weekly basis, you never know what's round the corner.

I think the film acting was probably the next on his wish list after music. We all know he loves MT but this is something new that he has the chance to learn and develop. A good film would definitely get him on the wider map of fame but I really hope he comes back to MT soon. We've just been so spoilt with the luxury of knowing where he is when he's in a show.

I'm glad Denise pushed him towards it even though they were just married. I would not want his career to suffer just because he has a new wife. At least she understands and of course it could benefit both of them in the future.

OK that post above was so grown up of me, now I need to do this (please don't anyone tell me off!!!!!!!)

Let it all out Jazzylou -I know just how you feel!
I do understand why he is taking this course - but we can't help missing him & wanting him back, can we?

Just realised it's the 4th of July!
Have a good day everyone over there in the USA, including Lee.

September?
ok..that's fine. I can wait that long for the next tiny snippet of info or maybe a pic...or just something
I can...I really can.........

*begins climbing the wall*

Just because Lee is in NY until September, that doesn't mean we won't hear anything about future projects until then. Stuff could still be announced between now and then.

Anyone in need of
I know I am.

Don't worry guys! I'll keep him warm for ya!

Awww, Jazzy, you don't have to be all mature and stuff for us!

I just thought i'd set the trend as there may be other who feel the same.

September is a long way off. I really miss Lee.
I know a longer course will benefit him, but we initially heard it would be 6 weeks.

Jazzylou, loved your second post!

I was shocked when I read DVO's comments because the Spring Intensive course Lee originally enrolled in ended last Friday, 26 June. Then there is also a "Summer Intensive." I only know this from checking out the LSI website.

It is my guess that his original plan was only the 6-week Spring Intensive from 18 May to 26 June, and somewhere mid-way through that, Lee realized there are several additional classes he could take in the summer that he couldn't take in the 6-week session. He must have decided those classes would be very beneficial for his acting career.

I don't know any of that for certain, but it's the only thing that makes sense.

I am envisioning Lee and Denise sitting out (all cuddly) on a NYC balcony tonight, under the stars, watching the spectacular Fourth of July fireworks show over the Hudson River. Nice mental image.

Looks like all you New York loppies (or whatever!) will be on call for sightings for another 6 weeks then. If any of you see him, tell him how we all miss him at home!

Going back to the interview, it's a nice article and Denise comes across very well. I've been out all day and only just caught up - thanks for posting, Johartuk.

Tis a nice interview Liz, I agree!

There are some inconsistances (sp?) in this interview though. DVO is quoted to say that Lee was offered this course AFTER they were married, but he was talking about this course already in March when he did all his promoting interviews for NEM.

There is also the possibility that the journalist got it wrong. I know I am clutching at straws, but it has happened before!

Didn't he say "hopefully" in some of the interviews?

eva
There are some inconsistances (sp?) in this interview though. DVO is quoted to say that Lee was offered this course AFTER they were married, but he was talking about this course already in March when he did all his promoting interviews for NEM.

Lee mentioned going to NY to do an acting course (in interviews) as far back as 2007, so clearly, he always intended to do that once he'd finished his run in 'Joseph'. If you listen to (or read) his comments in the 2007/2008/early 2009 interviews, Lee mentions doing a course, but there are no specifics mentioned - presumably because he hadn't secured a place at that point, but he was fully intending to do one if he could get a place.

Incidentally, I thought Denise said that Lee was offered a place on the course six weeks BEFORE the wedding (six weeks after, he was already in NY doing the course).

Nice interview with Denise
I agree Chrissi,Lee did say 'hopefully' or something like that in one or two of his radio interviews when mentioning the NY acting course.

Denise said 'we'd been married for about six weeks ' when this opportunity came along. I think LoveLeeLinda is right - he started the course and then he either was offered more tuition because they thought he has great potential or he really enjoyed it and wanted to do more. If he is at the LSI, which I think was mentioned in one of the articles, I'm not surprised he wanted to stay. The summer class schedule would be fabulous. Everything from Acting to Movement classes and Singing, Voice Development - you name it, they do it. You can literally spend from 9.00am to 10.00pm there. Sounds great. This must be such a great opportunity for him; this is real long-term career development going beyond a MT career which I would imagine gets thougher when you reach a certain age as there are less lead roles around (can only really think of Les Mis but there must be others). I'm glad he is doing this - we'll just have to patiently wait now. And yes, I miss him too!!

What a fantastic opportunity for Lee . I'm glad he's taken it up - but Oh, I do miss him I'm just trying to focus on how great it will be to see him in his next venture one he has completed his training

Can I point everyone in the direction of the Carole King song which suits the current absence of Lee. Google the full lyrics.

What can I say
What can I write
--
It might as well rain until September

Well done Jan. Just read the lyrics..very appropriate

WOW Jan....just how fitting are those lyrics?! Well spotted

Jan... Do you mean this one by Carole King...

What shall I write?
What can I say?
How can I tell you how much I miss you?

The weather here has been as nice as it can be
Althought it doesn't really matter much to me
For all the fun I'll have while you're so far away

I don't need sunny skies for thing I like to do
'Cause I stay home the whole day long and think of you
As far as I'm concerned each day's a rainy day
So It might as well rain until September

My friends look forward to their picnics on the beach
Yes everybody loves the summertime
But you know darling while your arms are out of reach
The summer isn't any friend of mine

It doesn't matter whether skies are grey or blue
It's raining in my heart 'cause I can't be with you
I'm only living for the day you're home to stay
So It might as well rain until September
September, September, oh

Oh! how we miss him.

Oh Gawld!!!!!!!

ooooooooh! sorry Toni - you've got me at it now... it's those Lyrics!!!!!

Still love him though - and miss him

C Liz, what are you doing to us?
You've started me off now

Oooooooh! nooooooo! Lynne not you too!
He'll soon be back with us again - and just think how much extra knowledge he will have gained. Well worth waiting for I reckon... Bless him

I know it's good for his career, C Liz, but we still miss him.
We were spoilt for 18 months, with all those scrum pictures & reviews, even if we couldn't go to the show very often ourselves.
We realise now how lucky we were for all that time.

Yes, that's the one Curly Liz. I didn't type it full in case there was some copywright thingy. Tomorrow morning I will dig out my old album called Tapestry - I think that is the Carole King one with this song on - and have a singalong.

Someone said "well spotted" (sorry, can't go back out of this message to see who it was) - I didn't have to spot it, the song came into my head as soon as I saw the word September.

I agree Lynne, we were 'fed' really well during those 18 months, and now of course we feel so 'starved' - it's just like the agonies of a diet - even a photo from NY would be nice right now

You're welcome Jan - but I'm not sure I did the right thing posting it by the look of all the tears shed. think I'm in the 'dog house' LOL!

This course is a great opportunity for Lee. Potential employers will see it on his CV and realise that he's serious about straight acting, rather than some air-head ex-soap star wanting to walk straight out of 'Eastenders' (or whatever soap they've been in) and into Hollywood movies!

With all his newly-learned acting skills, Lee could find himself being the 'teacher' (in the acting mission) on next year's TV casting show! Or he could be coming to a cinema near you in an Oscar-worthy Hollywood film!

I totally agree Johartuk - qualifications from this very valuable course in NY, and his own achievements so far, will never be wasted in Lee's case. In fact can only lead him to greater things in the future and I really look forward to that.

Everybody, please stop .
PKP and Grace will take good care of the Meadster in NY for the next few weeks!

Asher, well said. I agree with your analysis of why Lee apparently decided to extend his time at LSI.

But as far as there being fewer MT roles for Lee as he gets older, I already envision Lee on stage,
30 years from now, as Captain von Trapp! I picture him with his full head of silvery, curly hair!!!
I can already hear Lee singing "Edelweiss"....

Aww, that's a lovely image! I bet Lee would sound gorgeous singing 'Edelweiss'!

Don't know about being in NY at the moment, someone was on Twitter saying Lee & Denise were at the Take That concert last night.

They could possibly have nipped home for the weekend so they could see the concert. (They'd be jet lagged, though!)

September isn't too far away and I can see only good things coming from these acting classes. Much as I love Lee's singing voice I want him to have some meaty acting roles and this is just the opportunity he needs.
We'll not be feeling sorry for ourselves when we're saying "Guess what part Lee's been offered...!" in the future, will we?
And, being a summer-hater myself (can't bear heatwaves and think sunbathing's the most boring thing on earth) I'm used to wishing for the autumn so it's business as usual for me.
Have some big fat hugs from me, everyone who's missing Lee... and hang in there!

Just been watching the 4th of July specials from New York. I wonder if he's out in that crowd?

Diana interesting Twitter.
I suppose he could have come back for a week to be with Denise & his family.
After all we don't know when the extra course starts do we?

It still means that he will return to NY soon & although I agree with everyone that it is a great career move but I AM MISSING HIM.

Sorry I nearly lost it there.

Please please NY loppies take care of him while he is there.

Dont worry Joan I am sure our US loppies will look after Lee.

I am also really going to miss Lee till he comes back from NY too, and I am suprised he is staying away in NY longer to do this other course but all in all I think it is a great thing Lee is doing because with this time he has taken out these past Six months he is using it to learn new things which will give him more options to do other new work in the future in arears he would not have been able to do work unless he had the right knowlage and training from the courses he is doing in NY.

I would love to see what they do on these courses because I carnt imagain what happens on them but they must be really intresting to do. I am looking forward to Lee coming back now, and I carnt wait to find out what great things he is going to do.

If we are missing him, can you imagine how much Denise is missing him, especially just after they got married? It has to be a very important career decision for them to decide to do this! We need to look forward to the great things ahead.
Good things are worth waiting for!

Your right there, I think she was right to incouraging Lee to go on th course and must be really missing him so much with him being away for so long, I know I would be.

Denise has been going over to see Lee in NY but it wont be the same for her as being with Lee all the time, it wont be longe before Lee is back though. I carnt beleive we are into July already, the year has gone nowhere.

1 2