​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
LEE IS DOING A CHRISTMAS CONCERT!!!!

Sorry about the 'shouting' (i.e. caps) in the title.

Lee is doing a Christmas Concert (with Laura) at the Barbican on 22nd December.

Link below:

Booking Link

You may have to register to book. It says 'red' members can book now, non-members on Friday. I'm not a member, but for some reason I was on their mailing list, I just logged in and it just let me book!

Re: LEE IS DOING A CHRISTMAS CONCERT!!!!

Thanks for that ALiz. I am not a member and it let me book too! I never made it to the last Christmas one cos of the snow so I am hoping this time!!!

I am not totally sure but I think the Red Members thing is to get the discount. There was a £6 discount for the ones I was looking at.
Thanks Liz for the info.XX
I do get slightly miffed that we have to find out about these dates by chance and word of mouth

I only found out because I had an e-mail from the Barbican (I must have registered when Lee was Hayley's guest), announcing the Raymond Gubbay series of concerts. Something made me read down the blurb, and there was Lee's name, amongst all the small print!!!

Thanks for the information. I have booked too - at full price. Red members get a discount, as someone has posted. If there is a problem on the day, there might be a mini-LeeFan riot as quite a few of us now have tickets!

I agree that it is a shame that we don't hear of these events more directly.

Great news!... Thanks A/Liz for the find and link...

Let's hope it's not snowing this year Karen...eek!
I remember the fun and games we had getting there on the 21st December 2009...even some of the buses weren't running, and we had to hop on the underground then walk miles around the Barbican area in all the slippery slush to find the right entrance...nearly missed the start of the concert too...
The things we do for a glimpse of our 'Gorgeous One'... but he's worth it of course...

Eeekkkk I pop off to the dentist and all this happens while i'm gone!!!

Exciting, hoping to get tickets.

Oooo how exciting! I've just booked tickets for me and mum, she is over the moon as she missed Kilworth and I've been raving about it every since

Stevie how did you get tickets, are you a member. I've been trying for ages even after i've registered and it just won't let me book anything.

Are there ANY kind members out there who would be willing to book two tickets for a sad frustrated Mead fan?

I tried to book both on line and through the box offic for Cassie and I and was unable to get either,

I even offered the girl in the box office that I would walk her dog and clean her cooker but no luck. so how did you all get tickets, are you all "reds"
if not what is the secret ?

Maggie most of them just got lucky as far as I can see. I reckon there was a loophole with the booking system which has now been closed, probably due to the numbers trying to get tickets.

Us lowly ones will just have to wait until Friday

Oh dear! Could have been me.
I rang to enquire whether you had to be member or not to book tickets today. Person who answered didn't know what I was talking about to start with..then said NO as Raymond Gubbay!!! promotions ...then said yes. Asked how much to become various members. Red £100, 20% off tickets to order today but only allowed to order 2.. £40 to order Wednesday with 20% again off tickets but again only allowed to order 2.
Sorry if loophole is filled!! when went to see Hayley's Barbican concert though we were definitely sat tooooo close ...think first or second row. Love his nose and legs but looking up his nose or trouser leg is not best Mr Mead view...especially after Kilworth.

I would have posted this sooner if I had not have been in the theatre with my phone off.

I know most of you have gone to bed now but here is how I managed to get the tickets. I think people are getting hung up on the Red Members thing, from what I could see it is just for a discount on the ticket price, I saw no mention that non members couldn't buy the tickets. Once I had chosen my tickets it took me to a page that said
Red Members ID ............. and the price next to it (£6 cheaper)
underneath it said continue without discount, once I clicked that I had a pop up box that allowed me to put in my email and password I used when buying for Hayley's concert (so if you booked for that you should be ok)
It then didn't recognise that I had tickets in my bucket so I decided to come out and log in first but when I did it automatically recognised me and said I had 2 tickets in my bucket, so I was able to go to check out from there.
Please pass info on to anyone still having trouble, I know it worked for someone quite late tonight so Sue I don't think you have done anything by ringing
Good luck for those still needing tickets.

What a wonderful treat for Londoners. already looking forward to reports afterwards...

Thanks Woozie, i'm sure that will be very helpful to everyone. I did manage to get 2 tickets last night after your help.

TBH I didn't think it would work so I only selected 2 although there was another person who had wanted to join. I was very surprised when it worked but I didn't dare go back and try for a third so I had to continue with the two.
So anyone just 'having a go' make sure you put the actual ticket number in that you want so that when it works you will get what you want.

Ahh our Mr Mead likes to try us!

The trick is to login or register (I made a new account just to check and it still worked) put the tickets you want in your bucket and go through to the screen that says No tickets were selected, which is where I think people are getting stuck but if you come out and go to another page then back into your bucket the tickets are still in there.
I hope it works xx

I just figured the same thing out this morning and have successfully booked the seats I wanted.
It's very odd that you have to add your tickets to your 'basket' then come out and log back in again to find them but at least it works as Woozie has explained

Do you have to be already registered (from the Hayley concert for instance) to be able to get round it. I have tried several times today but just get the unavailable message? Rang BO (without mentioning online) but they said Friday.

No Shirley you don't already have to have registered. I did a new register and it still worked. Go to login/register and fill in your details, then go to the book tickets page, add in the date for Lee's concert, and go through the process of choosing seats, ignore the Red Members bit and click 'Continue to Check out' when you get as far as the bit where it says 'No tickets were selected' (or something like that) then click to go into another Barbican page, (I went to book tickets but it doesn't really matter) then and this is the important part click 'Your account' and the tickets will be in there and you then continue to check out from there. I promise it does work but you have to leave the page and then to to 'Your Account' for it to work.
Good luck x

Woozie - thanks so much - it worked exactly as you said!!

Looking on the seat planner, there are a good few block seats that are already unavailable but it seems to be quite symmetrical. Anyone know what this could mean? Are they block bookings for other ticket companies? Its too symmetrical to be patrons booking already surely.

I noticed that, and wondered if they were being held for the days when the members' tickets should be released, i.e. Wednesday and Friday.

Glad you finally got your tickets, Jazzy!

Do any of you who have been there before know if these rows next to the stage (B-C-D-E-F) which are standing somewhat apart from the three following blocks, are all on the same level? I find it a bit odd that they are cheaper than the following blocks or is this because it is too close to the stage?

Belgianleefan
Do any of you who have been there before know if these rows next to the stage (B-C-D-E-F) which are standing somewhat apart from the three following blocks, are all on the same level? I find it a bit odd that they are cheaper than the following blocks or is this because it is too close to the stage?

Here is Theatremonkey's seat ratings for the Barbican Hall:
http://www.theatremonkey.com/BARBICANHALLstalls.htm

The green seats on the plan are considered the best value for money and may not necessarily be the BEST seats. However, as rows C-E are rated 'green', the view should be OK.

Hope this helps a bit. I haven't been to the Barbican myself so someone with direct experience of the venue may be able to offer better advice!

Hi Belgianleefan. I went to the Barbican last time and sat about 5 rows back to one side. The front group are all on one level but as you are looking up to the stage the heads in front are not too much of a problem. I can see why the other seats might be considered better but it depends how close you want to be to the stage.

Thanks for the info Jazzy and Greycat! Should have thought about theatremonkey myself! I thought these first rows would be on the same level, as you confirmed Jazzy. I booked on row G, hope it's not too far away. Gosh, can't believe I'm actually going to be there! I was so sorry I couldn't be at the Xmas concert last year. Now let's hope winter won't be too bad by that time, so that the Eurostar won't have problems getting to London!! Hope to see you there Jazzy!
And before that LB in September, life's looking good

Hi Belgianleefan -when in September are you going? Mum and I are coming over from the States to see Lee in Legally. Mum also wants to see Les Mis... anyone else over here up for another American invasion? ;) Currently looking at Sept. 9 for LB and matinee for Les Mis on the 10th.

Hi JulesinFlorida! Think I haven't seen your name yet, but maybe I missed it?
So you'll be crossing the big pond, and me the small one (the Channel)!
Sadly, I won't be seeing you and your mum then in September, cause I'll be in London on 16th & 17th September (LB on the 17th). I actually was thinking of going to see Les Mis myself, but unfortunately no more seats in the stalls on either of the two days, and I like to be fairly close to the action...
Hope you'll have a good time in London!

Did something I never normally do and panic-booked a seat about 7 o'clock last evening over the 'phone. I didn't even read the forum here!, or look at Theatremonkey. I took the advice of the very helpful bookings assistant, who said the Barbican curves in a weird way, therefore Row G, at the side of the stalls, which I was looking to get, has a slightly restricted view.You might see the backs of the orchestra's heads, she said. (Apologies,if this true, to anyone who has bought these seats.) I asked instead for the best seat in the next price band up, and she's put me in the middle of Row M. (Stalls.)

Ah well, it's done now, I don't dare look at Theatremonkey in case she's sold me up the river,- am sure she hasn't.

At least I'll be there.

I am going to see Alfie Boe in Les Mis on Tuesday this week, my third time of seeing the show across 20 years. Another pleasant and down-to-earth performer, and I am really looking forward to it.

Hope everyone is managing to enjoy the summer!

Hi Yet Another Sue, I booked by phone for the Hayley Xmas concert at the Barbican and was given very helpful and good advice by the box office. I sat in the centre block in Row L and had a fabulous view, so I don't think you will be disappointed with your seat. I was torn between this or the flat seats at the front but was very happy with my choice. You get to clearly see the whole stage, really good acoustics and it feels much closer than I thought it would.

Hi Belgianleefan, I have posted only a few times here ;) My mum and I are both from London, and we come over to the UK each year. Now, our trips are scheduled around Lee's performances. Mum is a huge fan ;) We've seen Lee in Joseph (also took my 83-year-old aunt to that one - we had a great time,) and Lord Arthur in Leeds (two performances), again with mum and two aunties that time. We got to meet and dine with about 10 other Northern fans, including Ro and Sue F - hi ladies! We are very excited about our jaunt down to London during our next trip to Yorkshire. I have awesome video of mum meeting and chatting with Lee after one of the LASC performances, which I will try to post here.

Hiya, Jules! Looking forward to the video of your mum and Lee. If you post again closer to your LB dates, I'm sure other fans will know by then if they can coordinate with you. #fallinginwithafastcrowd?

Charlee, thank you for that reassurance about the seat positioning, now we just have to hope it doesn't snow!!

(Husband's just said I'm a 'prophet of doom'!)

I haven't been to the Barbican for about 10 years ,so it makes all the difference when someone is helpful, doesn't it?

I have just been listening to a Lee interview and he said if his tour of Japan goes well he could go to China etc does he mean next year because he wouldn't have time to carry on after Japan he has a concert in London on Dec 22nd?

Acer,

I'm sure he meant that, if the Japan tour goes well, the promoters behind that tour may also arrange tours to China, Korea etc for him in the future. It wouldn't happen straight after the Japan tour as tours take time to organise and sell tickets for.

Greycat that is quite true !silly me!

I'm sure there must be another thread about Lee's Barbican concert but I can't find it, so I've highjacked this one.

Just found a half page ad in my local paper for all the Raymond Gubbay Barbican concerts - and there is Lee!!!

In addition, the same poster is adorning my local railway station!

I can't wait till Thursday, not long to go now! I am travelling straight from work so not sure what to do about eating. Has anyone been to the Barbican before, if so are there any restaurants nearby?

I have to say it's not located in the nicest part of London (sorry, Barbican dwellers!), but I think the Barbican itself has catering facilities:

Barbican bars & restaurants

I'm sure there are other places around and about, but I'm not that familiar with the area (only passed through on the bus). Hope this helps though.

I'm going after all; just got an early, surprise Christmas pressie!

Woo! Hoo!...Fab!...AngelRose...those are the nicest pressies to get...

Yes, & here was I being, a good, quiet, patient Lovelee because I thought we couldn't get there, when Mummy saw it in The Times all along! :bounce :bounce

What a wonderful surprise, and brilliant news for you, AR - you must be so excited!

My heart's going with nerves already! Where's the seating plan I see mentioned?

Last time I was at the Barbican was to pick up my degree!

Great news, AngelRose! So pleased for you!

How exciting AR. What an amazing surprise!

Last time I was this excited was Legally Blonde opening night! And then I was in the doghouse! STEEP hills, & wheels don't go & didn't I hear about it! lol

Fantastic AR, glad you can make it after all

Santa came early for you. That is wonderful AR.

You must be thrilled, Angelrose!
Have a great time everyone who is going tonight & please bring back lots of news & reviews.

1 2