​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lee in Casualty!

I've just sat down with a cup of tea to read Hello magazine and Lee is in it. He says that he is playing the part of a special needs teacher in casualty!!

Re: Lee in Casualty!

OMG! Just spluttered everywhere! I'm an avid Casualty viewer (for my sins).

A clue was Bristol, of course, where Casualty is filmed. So much for him keeping it a surprise!

Me too. Have hardly ever missed an episode so better not miss this one!!!

In the interview he says that it will bee on the tv next month!

Oooh, interesting!

Looking forward to this!

I like Casualty I must not miss Lee,I bet the viewing figure's will be up that night

I love Casualty, never miss it, now have even more reason to watch

I did wonder if it would be Casualty - one of my favourite programmes too...how exciting.
Looks like another magazine to purchase too
Thanks for the 'info' Stevie

Thanks Stevie!

Mmmm! I used to watch casualty religiously every week years ago but when it started to get more like a soap than a hospital I lost interest. Must get back into it now
Looking forward to it.

I am a "Holby" fan but I will have to go downstairs for that episode at least !!

They might have made him a doctor, what a bedside manner >

Good luck Lee on your acting T.V. debut

I've never watched Casualty before - but there's a first time for everything!

Me too Lynne. Just hope my husband doesn't catch me watching it because I don't normally watch medical fiction.

i never normall8 watch Casualtymaaly watch Caualty but will this time..

It says in the interview that he is a special needs teacher and its a major role. I can't wait to see him acting on the TV and not just for ADWD. Woohoo!

On 'Lorraine' this morning he mentioned that he plays a teacher called Harry, and that the programme goes out on the 20th August...

Don't forget to watch tonight, 8.55! (as if you needed reminding)

This hour is going really slowly. Come on 8:55!!!

Didn't he do well?
I think Fairmead school should be a spin off series don't you?

I thought he was excellent. He did the nervous bit at the beginning so well. Loved it!

Wasn't he good!!!!! Such an expressive face .....

I was more nervious watching this that the kids school plays.

Thought he did very well I think he seemed a little nervious, but that may have been just because I was watching him not as his character.

Hope he gets a part in in acostume "thingy" next. He does look stunning in costume. !!!! not that he looked any less than stunning in jeans.

Well done Lee feel very proud of you

I thought he was great! He was very convincing as the nervous young teaching assistant. I felt sorry for him - the female teacher was very manipulative.

I agree about the constume drama - he would look perfect in tight breeches, waistcoat, white shirt and riding boots, striding across the lawn of a magnificent country pile!

He was just fab! He played the morally -torn card very well and treated us to plenty of jaw clenching and eyelash exposing eye-closing , for which I am most grateful! Gorgeous fella.

No teaching assistants like that at my place of work!! Which is probably a good thing.

I love him, he's a rose amongst my thorns today.

Awe, glad he did so well on Casualty tonight :) The way his name is trending out there is amazing! Lots of buzz for Mr. Meed there is :)

Didn't he do well!

No stupid ocean keeps us Lee fans from seeing him on tv.

He was fabulous.

Lee was great in Casualty so proud of him,his facial expressions out of this world

I thought he was brilliant, played the part so well plus looking as gorgeous as ever. At the end I wanted to give him/Harry a big hug

Fabulous!!!...
Congratulations to Lee - so glad to see all his hard work and training is now paying off...

I love how he gets right to the core of each character he plays, and makes them so convincing...
I agree, his expressions last night were amazing...and Joyce, he made me want to jump up from my couch and give him a big hug too... Awww! Bless!

Really excited now, to see what develops from this wonderful first attempt at TV drama...

Thought He Did Very Well Last Night must have Been Hard for him not to Answer when the boy was called Lee He Was Harry. loved the run After the teacher outside his forehead showing. then all tidy on the close up in the next bit. the boy did good for me Well Done Lee Luv Mazza x

I thought Lee was quietly masterful and I believed his character. How about this for a story-line: after Harry's experience, he sees his future lies in medicine and decides to re-train as a doctor? While doing his degree, he could have numerous convenient placements on various "Casualty" wards (convenient for us, that is!)

Thought Lee did brilliantly last night, very believable as the nervous young TA right from the word go. Hope he gets some more TV work from this.
I like your thinking e-m, sounds good to me . Better suggest it to the Casualty Producers

I Just checked out the Ratings Thread on DS. 'Casualty' got 4.18 million viewers in the overnight ratings! Very good, especially considering that it was up against 'X-Factor'! Also, 'Casualty' was the most watched programme in yesterday evening's BBC line-up!

Woo! Hoo! great!!!
Thanks for that 'info' Jo - I did wonder about the viewing numbers last night...
Not sure how it compares with previous shows -'Casualty' is quite a popular
'Hospital Drama' anyway...

'Casualty' has been getting viewing figures of around 5 million over the Summer months, so I think it's held up well, considering that it was up against the first episode of 'X-Factor'!

On Twitter there is a trending topic at the moment called 'NAKED HARRY' !

Don't get excited, it isn't out-takes from Casualty, but something to do with someone in a boy band!

I think those boyband fans have got the wrong end of the stick, so to speak. #wrongHarry

I'm guessing that's Harry from "One Direction" who is very young and beautiful and - coincidentally - has Lee-type hair!

GOT TO SEE THE EPISODE!!!
Oh wow! All I can say is that Lee was so spot on in this. Lee definitely help all of our bank accounts immensely

Lee really was spot on with his interpretation of Harry! Harry could easily have been forgettable amongst all the drama (classroom smashing, asthma attacks, arterial bleeding...etc). Equally, Lee could have gone OTT with it - one of the complaints about theatre actors is that they often struggle to tone it down on screen. You only have to watch the BBC casting shows to see how people struggled to pitch their acting correctly for TV. At the time of ADWD, I remember thinking how well Lee seemed to adapt his acting. IDWTAI being a prime example of his ability to tone it right down while, at the same time, still giving a beautifully nuanced performance:-

LINKY THING

Thanks for the 'Linky Thing' Jo -

That song interpretation (IDWTAI) by Lee in ADWD was so! so! beautiful, visual proof even at that early stage, our Lee was 'a cut above' the other Josephs in the acting stakes...
I also agree Lee's interpretation of 'Harry' in Casualty was 'spot on' too, without going over the top.
He made the character not only come alive, but also gave him (Harry) a little intrigue too - arousing the interest of the audience enough, to want to find out more about 'Harry' as the drama went on...
Very clever acting IMO...