​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bath Nov 5th

Just wondering is anybody experiencing trouble booking trains for return journey. Not just from Bath but from Temple Meads as well. Very early in morning for 1 train from Bath,late in afternoon before trains from Temple Meads.

Re: Bath Nov 5th

Hi SueF, I had no trouble booking, but we're probably a different route to you, Bath to London Paddington. I booked via Raileasy.co.uk.

We can get a return train at just before 12 but have 3 changes and there is a bus involved between stations aswell.

Hiya - no problems booking at all - book direct with First Great Western direct rather than Trainline or Raileasy - they both quoted me nearly £50.

Managed to book two singles from where I wanted for just under £20

Problem seems to be going to Leeds. Can get to London Paddington and go from Kings Cross or wait until 1530ish.Usually book direct Trulee although Crosscountry isn't best train company for cheap fares even advance.

Sue perhaps you may have to follow our route to Sheffield and then get a train to Leeds,just making 4 changes in all.What we do for our man!The single fare is £23.50.

Thanks for the info Kim! That is reasonable price. Hope you are keeping well.Lou is in Portugal at moment so would have to sort it with her.

Hi Sue. Just a thought. What about going to Bristol Parkway from Bath (regular trains, takes about 20 mins) then going direct to Leeds. There is a a good service from B/P during the week but I'm not sure about Sundays. When I went to see Lord Arthur in Leeds it took me three hours but no changes.