​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
American Encroachment

Hope all fans in the path of Irene are okay.

Mum and I are not quite an American invasion, on account of our party size and the fact that, even though I talk funny (with an indeterminate American accent), we are both English ;) We arrive in Yorkshire on Sept. 4, and are heading down to London on Sept. 9th to see LB and Les Mis.

We have tickets for LB for the evening of the 9th - G11 and 12 - good seats by all accounts. Perhaps we will see you there, maggiemay. We would love to meet you, as my grandparents lived in Kingsteignton, and we would always return there after our forays abroad. We spent typical English summer weekends rugged up behind wind breaks with a flask of tea and sandwiches - in Dawlish, Paignton and Teignmouth.

Mum and I will try to get tickets for the evening of the 10th. Might as well!

We have tickets for the matinee of Les Mis on the 10th. Unfortunately in the gods and without Alfie Boe, but we will get to see Matt Lucas.

Anyone else going on to LB the 9th or 10th Sept?

Jules

P.S. Hi pkp!

Re: American Encroachment

Hi JulesinFlorida, I have emailed you.

maggiemay

Hiya, Jules! How's your mum doing?

Hi maggiemay - saw your email. Will reply later today or tomorrow :)

PKP - mum is doing very well, thanks for asking!

Have fun Jules! It's always an adventure leaving for London from this side of the pond! Enjoy the show :)

Have emailed you, maggiemay. Looking forward to meeting you before the show :)

Mum is sorry to be missing the WJ ladies, who are going the day before we arrive from up North. She enjoys reading what they get up to!

Hello WJ ladies!

Hi Ringer - we have also followed your travails getting to and from the UK. Oy vey!

Mum and I fly direct from Orlando, even though it's a bit af a drive from where I live. Two more sleeps til we are on our way to Jolly Old!

Hello JulesinFlorida from Curly Liz and the 'WJ ladies' and hello to your Mum too...
Sorry we may not be able to meet up this time (mind you, things have a habit of changing overnight in MM!... LOL!)
We hope you both have a safe journey over, and a lovely time at LB...

Thanks, Curly Liz! Keep us posted on your trip to LB ;)