​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blonde Tuesday

Anyone here lucky enough to be going to 'Blonde Tuesday'?

There is a meet and greet with the cast after the show.

I'll let you know how it goes

Re: Blonde Tuesday

Yes, Curly Liz & I are going too - see you there!

Please tell us what the lovely Lee has to say

Oh Wow! Lucky ladies. Am sure you'll let us know how it goes

Right - first things first - yes, Lee was there are the meet & greet!!! I didn't want to get too excited, just in case he didn't come, so it was wonderful to see him come bouncing down the stairs.

We all saw the show first - very 'interesting' - so many people off sick or on holiday. They had to call back Caroline Kieff, who apparently played Vivienne when LB first opened but had since left, as all three other Viviennes were away for various reasons. One person (can't remember who) actually said if she hadn't been available last night, the show would have to have been cancelled!!! At the end of Act One, where the girls on the bridge all spell out Elle's name, one of the 'girls' was in fact a boy, complete with wig and red lipstick!!!

Those of us lucky enough to be attending 'Blonde Tuesday' then went to the Mezzanine Bar - marked 'VIP Area' for the evening. Tickets inspected, drinks ordered, we waited until everyone was in (about 50 people I think). The first thing that happened was the fire alarm suddenly going off, with instructions that this was an emergency, please evacuate the building!! (We know Our Boy is hot, but that was taking things to extremes ). The staff weren't worried, assuring us it was a false alarm, which it proved to be.

We were standing in a corner with our drinks, wondering which of the cast would turn up, when suddenly, Lee, Simon (Warner), Carley (Elle), Natalie (Paulette), Ibinabo (Pilar) and Dawn (Chutney) all arrived en masse. They got their drinks and began to circulate.

The first person who came to us was Dawn, still in full stage make-up but without the TTP wig - and broad Scottish accent! She was very nice and bubbly, and told us that the cast do look at the audience, and can see back approx as far as Row J!!!

Now I may have got the order wrong in which we spoke to the cast - I'm sure my partner in crime will put me straight when she gets the chance! - but I think we spoke to Ibinabo next, again totally different without the bouffant wig! Really sweet girl.

Natalie was a surprise to me - very talkative, but seemed really lacking in confidence - what did we think, was it OK? etc etc.

With all of them we talked about how difficult it must be with so many people having to play so many different roles, and they were all full of praise for the swings at how well they cope.

I think Lee was next. Well, what can you say? We'd been watching him making his way around the room, signing and having photos, absolutely lovely. Heavens, what did we say? Meadmushed as usual. I'm either one extreme or the other, struck dumb or verbal diarrhoea, and last night it was the latter!!! We mentioned Japan, Bath, the Barbican - and, of course, LB - but after he'd gone, we looked at one another and said, 'can you remember what we talked about?' Nope - completely gone!!!

After that, we summoned up what braincells we had left and went to speak to Carley, who amazed us by saying it was nice to see us again!!! Either she looks at the audience a lot, or has a fantastic memory, as we've only spoken to her once before at the SD, several weeks ago! One thing she told us was that they use TWO chihuahuas in the show. I thought they decided on the day which one would be Bruiser, but apparently they share the role!

We finished up the evening with Simon. He was lovely and easy to talk to - we were last to speak to him and in fact ended up being thrown out, last to leave the theatre, we were chatting for so long. He told us how much they appreciate people who return to the show several times ( ), which was really nice to hear. You do wonder sometimes if they think, 'oh no, not them again'.

Well, that was it. I don't usually do long reviews, as I prefer to add short snippets to other accounts as I remember them, but this was a bit different. As you can see, there is no earth shattering information - I find it so hard to remember who said what and to whom. Next time (if there is one) I'll have to take a shorthand notebook and pen!!

Lovely report A/Liz you remembered everything perfectly... thank you.
One of the things I noticed right from the off, was how relaxed everyone seemed to be. There was no pushing or shoving - the stars just made their way around the bar area, having fairly lengthy conversations with each one in turn. There was some signing and photos being taken as well.
Our 'Gorgeous One' was the most relaxed I have seen him lately, and he seemed to be enjoying himself too, which was lovely to see...
A very successful evening not only for some of us who were lucky enough to be there, but also for the staff who, in my opinion, did a wonderful job on behalf of all the cast of LB...
A big 'Thank You' to them for giving up part of their evening to speak to us...

Thank you so much AL and CL for telling us all about the meet and greet. How lucky you were! It sounds like a wonderful evening. I am hoping to go tomorrow. (Have to get in a couple more visits while I can!)

Thanks Another Liz and Curly Liz lovely to hear about our boy and that he was relaxed

Thanks A/Liz and C/Liz for your excellent reviews. Lovely to see you again. Thats pretty much how I remember it. The alarm thing was weird, not sure what happened there but I was worried that we might have to abort the whole thing for a moment

I really enjoyed the show, I like it more each time I see it. I noticed the alternative Vivienne but hadn't realised she was from the original cast. Thank goodness she was able to step in at such short notice.
I did notice the lad in the final sequence at the end of Act 1. I'm pretty sure that was Dom..I'm sure he was quite at home LOL.

I won't add anything to the order of proceedings as there is no need but i'll just add my take on the evening.

I loved the way that they were so casual. TBH I thought the meet and greet was better than at the Coliseum as it was so relaxed. It was nice that they all got their drinks and just started chatting.

I did see Natalie initially but sadly didn't get to talk to her and when the room started to clear, she had already gone. I spoke to Carley, Simon, Lee and one of the other girls (not sure of her name).

I have a bit of a soft spot for Simon. He asked me when was the first show I came to and I was too embarassed that it was Lee's first night. Had a pic with him and he signed my leaflet.

I spoke briefly with Carley and commented on her 'usual' accent. She said she can't speak 'American' for too long. She signed too but no pic this time.

The other girl was lovely, I talked to her for the longest. We talked about the muck up matinee when she and a good group are leaving. She also said that Lee is so lovely to work with, that was nice to hear even though we've heard it so many times before.

Good job I posted that, we've just had a short power cut and all the comps went off here at work.

Onto Lee.

He casually arrived in a white T-shirt with blue horizontal stripes, blue jeans and blue/red trainers. (He did have his bag which he left somewhere so he went straight out and home after the event). Got his drink and just started to chat. We all know these things are not his best thing to do but he was so lovely with everyone.

We touched arm to arm LOL (haven't washed) and when it came to having my photo taken, I put my arm around his waist and realised I had cold fingers from the wine so I apologised and took them off for a second, but soon put them back to warm up .
We chatted about twitter but that's about all I can remember. When I get my photo from my friend (her camrea) i'll post so you can see his deliciousness.
He did get to most who wanted to see him but as Liz said nobody crowded him and it was just lovely and relaxed.

I didn't get home until 12.30 having had an early start with my daughter starting secondary school and I was so high I slept very little last night. I think I need an early one tonight!

Thanks Jazzylou I am sure Lee is lovely to work with as you say we have heard that a lot,I am not surprised as Denise says he is a lovely Husband he is just one lovely guy

Edit to the post about Simon above. It should read that I was embarrassed to admit that it was when Lee joined and I just said I couldn't remember the date LOL.

I have to just say one more thing about Lee. His neck!! I spent a lot of time looking at him from behind when he was talking to other people. He has the most perfect non-blemished, crease free, porcelain skin on his neck with just a few stray curly hairs, I couldn't take my eyes of it (discreetly of course). I'm still high on the experience of last night but I think I definitely need an early night.

Hello
Thought I would add my thoughts on last night I havent been to see LB for some time as I also have another show that I love going to see but was excited as I was lucky enough to get the meet and greet ticket.
The show was very good I love some of the little bits that Lee does a lot and I look forward to his little dances I like these bits.
To be honest I wasnt sure that Lee would be at the greet but he was looking as lovely as ever very relaxed with a drink in his hand.
The first person who spoke to us was Natalie she was very friendly she put out her hand to introduce herself and asked who we were a really nice lady, Woozie spoke to a few of the others but I really dont know who many of them are but they all seemed really nice.I was worried about time as we needed to get train back to Victoria so I mad a bee line for Lee and managed to catch his eye I wanted to show him my photo of Oscar my my Doodle dog as I read in a interview he had done that once Betsy gets a little older they might think about getting one the photo is the screen pic on my phone so i asked him if it was alright to show him a picture of Oscar he loved him he was looking at it and then the screen went blank so he took my phone of me (Lee touched my phone..lol)and turned it back on and asked his name again he wanted to know what his temperment was like and if he shed his fur as some Doodles dont he told me that Rufus likes to go into his dressing room(lucky Rufus)and sit on his chair which is then covered in hair..lol
I was aware of taking up too much of his time but he seemed to be so relaxed talking about Dogs and i wasnt nervous ither.
Such a lovely lovely man.

What an amazing time you all had! Sounds wonderful and relaxed. I wonder if it was easier for Lee because it was more of the cast - not just him.

Debbie, your conversation with Lee was so sweet. Did you tell Oscar that Lee was impressed with him? Now we know the way to Lee's heart . . .

Thanks for sharing last night with us ladies.
It sounds as if it was a very special evening.

To add to my earlier post, I would also like to say a very big 'Thank You' to all those members of the cast who gave us so much of their precious time after the show too.
Just watching the looks of sheer pleasure on the various faces as they met their favourite cast members during the evening was amazing!...
I do hope they (the cast) were able to take away some 'good vibes' from us as well - there were plenty to go round that's for sure...
I also hope Theatres do more of these 'Meet and Greet' evenings in the future too...
'Worth their weight in gold' as they say!...

Lovely to meet up with some of you again during the evening too.

I was at the matinee today and showed some friends where we were for the meet and I realised just how small the area was!!! It was very intimate wasn't it! No-one was far from anyone .

The show today was fab too. Siobhan was back as Viviene and there was more of them generally for the group scenes. Dear Dom was released from the 'Elle Woods' line up LOL.
I do love 'Gay or European' it just gets funnier every time I watch it. Everyone was brilliant today.
There was a large gap of empty seats behind to the right but the rest of the stalls seemed full, perhaps a coach load that got held up.

I met Dom and Chris today and had photos with them. Really pleased. Nothing like a nice lad to put you arm around Natalie came out but was in a foul mood and I overheard her complaining to a guy that there was too much talking backstage, oops. She came out with a dressing gown, full make up and bare feet!!
Didn't see Lee before or after but I know some early birds did. I don't mind though as I had a lovely time on Tuesday and i'm still high from that.

Thanks Jazzy - glad you enjoyed the show, and pleased to know that some of the cast are back today.
I'm still on a high from Tuesday night too... LOL!

I agree Jazzy. The show was great today and Lee seems totally relaxed with the role. His smile at the end was something to behold.
I had set off on my own this morning and had expected a rather lonely trip. How wrong I was! So many lovely people to chat with: some of you I had met before and some I hadn't. Thank you for your company.
Lee arrived with Simon today and was so sweet, signing and posing for photos. I actually had to hold his drink at one point as he ran out of hands. I had thought it was coffee but it was some kind of icy strawberry concoction! He told us the album is 2/3 of the way to being complete and explained technical details as he has before. ( I didn't take it in any better this time, can't think why ) I thought he looked quite pale and fragile today as if a puff of wind could blow him over. He never looks like that on stage does he!
Oh well another very special visit to LB. Only one more for me now.

Glad you enjoyed yourself Cassie and met some new people. It was nice to see you again. Glad you saw Lee, his drink sounded interesting. I'm sure he's tougher than we think although the show must be hard keep up every day.

I agree Jazzy it was lovely to see a few more members of the cast on stage today.
Lovely to some familiar faces again

Just catching up. Thanks Ladies for taking the time and trouble to let us know about the 'Meet and Greet', it sounds lovely. Glad you all enjoyed. If it's the bar I'm thinking of Jazzy, yes, it's pretty compact
Glad those of you who went yesterday enjoyed yourselves. Must be a relief for all the cast when they are not so stretched.

Thanks ladies for telling us all about Blonde Tuesday - how lucky were you!!! It sounds as though Lee enjoyed himself as well, which is really good. I went to the meet and greet at Christmas and really felt quite uncomfortable for him - I didn't pluck up the courage to talk to him but watched him circulate and listened to him chatting to others. He really is so much more confident, isn't he.

Stevie I think that this photo shows that Lee was very relaxed at the LB meet & greet on Tuesday

I didn't speak to him but I did enjoy just watching him circulate the room drink in hand chatting to everyone.
Photobucket

Thanks Joan, he looks totally laid back at ease with the situation

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm LOVE that pic Joan!! xxx Thanks

Meet and greet

Long awaited pic. Credit to me and Gill who took it.

Ooh, lovely pic, Jazzy! Just look at his arm ...

By the way, what was his drink?

Its the other arm that I was thinking about LOL

The drink? There aren't many secrets I like to keep but that is one of them.

Great piccie Jazzy! Loved reading about the close encounters you all had at Blonde Tuesday!
And finally, it's my turn too, I'm off to London on Friday, and will be going to LB on Saturday eve, can't wait! It'll be my first but also my only chance to see Lee in LB, but I'm glad I get the chance to see it once at least. Haven't seen him since the Wimbledon concert, sooo long ago already! I can't wait!
And the good news is... I'm going to the Barbican too!

What a great pic Jazzy. I love his expression.

Oh Jazzy that is a lovely photo of you with Lee.
Thank you so much for sharing it.

Belgianleefan Whoo Hoo I am so pleased that you are going to get a chance to see Lee as Emmett in LB.
You are going to love it.
I hope to see you at the Barbican in December.

Fabulous piccy Jazzy. Just can't get over how relaxed he was with everyone that night...
Thanks for sharing...

Belgianleefan - hope you have a great time at LB and get the chance to speak to Lee at the SD afterwards...good luck and safe journey...

Oh Jazzy what a lovely pic. You look gorgeous and Lee doesn't look bad either
It was great to see you the other day
Thanks for all the reviews of the Meet and Greet girls and thanks Joan for the pic of our man relaxing with his drink.
Have a fabulous time Belgianleefan. Safe journey and sending you special wishes that you get a wonderful SD experience

Ah BelgianLeefan, I can feel the excitement. I hope you have a super time in London and enjoy LB. TBH it wasn't my favourite show when I first saw it but now i've been 4 times, i'm so addicted and need to go again asap. LOL

Thanks to everyone for your comments about the photo. It was quite hot in there as you can see from our faces and I was worried that my tan made him look a bit pale but he was gorgeous and lovely and relaxed, and chatty and squeeeezable you get the idea

Thanks so much all of you wishing me a great time in the weekend to come, so lovely to read!!
Yes, Jazzy, I'm getting more excited by the hour, since it's almost been a year since I last saw Lee. I read that there are others who didn't like LB the first time; I can only hope I do, since I get to see it only once, am very curious!
Have a good seat I think, row E in the middle.
Rest assured that I will do stage door!!
Joan, hope to see you and lots of other LMAS-ers at the Barbican too, really excited about that one too!
Well, two more (working ) days before my departure...

Belgianleefan I have only seen LB once and I loved it and yes you have a good seat I was in F row in seat 1 and I saw everything in the changing scene of ROTY you are centre so may not see as much of ROTY as I saw but I am sure you will enjoy it(the show I mean)

Enjoy LB Belgianleefan. I am sure there will be quite a few people from here (including me!) at the Barbican. Hope I will bump into you.

Cassie have you got a date yet for your op?

Yes....23rd September. 9 days time. Gulp.

Great Cassie I had my op on 23rd of Jan,don't be upset if you have to use a stick to go and see Lee on Nov 5th I will keep my fingers crossed that you don't,you will be fine the only thing that upset me was hospital food but I had a laugh to my self thinking of Lewis saying (do you like hospital food),my op was 2010 but on 23rd like you,look after yourself extra special for the next week they won't do op if you have a cold and try not to get any scratches aren't I cheerful? all the best Hun xx

Good Luck for your op Cassie. Just think how much better you'll feel when it's all over.
Jazzy, thanks for sharing that lovely photo. You both look so happy together. Anything you want to share?

Best wishes for your 'op' Cassie - hope everything goes well for you.

Thank you so much for the good wishes. Can't tell you how much I appreciate that.
Acer, great to be reminded of the "do you like hospital food" comment. That made me laugh and will help me "smile through the stodge!"

Here's the VT featuring the classic comment (and Lee's reaction):-

LINKY THING

Other favourite comments in the clip:-

(Graham's voice over) "Nana Jean could push harder than that!"

(Ben to Lee) "What I don't like is the fact that you think you've won!"

Thank you Lynne x

Good luck Cassie xx

Thanks Jo, I enjoyed seeing that again. I think I need to take a trip down memory lane. I heard 'home' on the radio earlier and my thoughts immediately turned to Lee