​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
twitter

Is anyone else having trouble getting onto twitter.
It was alright about an hour ago, but now I cannot get onto any twitter page even going through twitter
search. I haven't got twitter but have always been
able to read peoples tweets through their twitter
name.

Hopefully someone can give me some advice please.

Re: twitter

I had the opposite problem Maggie. I got in but couldn't get out again. I reckon the gremlins are about.

Thanks for replying Liz. I'm getting frustrated
with it now.

Hi maggie just been in and out of twitter no problem

Maggiemay there has been trouble for a few days. I think they know about it and are trying to fix it, its not just you so don't worry. Frustrating though.

Just been on to Lee's twitter page no trouble he is annoyed because it is sunny and he has two show's,hope you are getting it now

Thanks ladies for your replies, it seems to be ok
now. I was just a bit worried in case there was
something wrong with my laptop as I would be lost
without it.

I reckon i've cracked the Twitter problem (it worked for me anyway).

If you have twitter saved on a bookmark or favourite just check that the actual address says 'https' and not just 'http'. I've just altered mine and it made the difference between it not working and working. The s is for a secure page which they must have changed since I saved it on my pc.

Jazzylou, I am pretty thick when it comes to
computers, I am self taught and only know the basics.
I don't know what saved on bookmark or favourites means.
Sorry I sound so stupid.

Well if you are not sure then you probably haven't done it so don't worry. But if you just make sure that the 's' follows the hppt in the web address it should make Twitter work as it should. It worked for me anyway.

I would think that only applys if you have an account with twitter I don't,I am like maggiemay self taught so don't understand either,all I put in is twitter.com/ persons name I get through easily

Hi, is anyone else having trouble getting onto
Lee's twitter page. I can get it by going onto
twitter search but not directly onto his twitter
page. Replies would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

I've just managed to get onto Lee's twitter page OK.

maggiemay I have no trouble going the way I always go (twitter.com/leemeadofficial)I don't know how you mean going to his twitter page how do you do that?

I've got onto Lee's page as usual and I'm not signed up to Twitter

Thanks for replying Shirley and acer it's strange as I cannot get onto Denise's twitter page either it just says
Error on page. I managed to get onto other peoples
twitter page so I don't know if its my laptop or
not.

I have just been on DVO's twitter page,I don't know how to advise you maggie I am not clever enough

I cant do a link but this is what I have on my favourites for Lee http://twitter.com/#!/leemeadofficial if you want to try to copy & paste it (I'm not sure what the hash & exclamation marks are doing there!) Sorry I'm not technical either. For DVO I've got http://twitter.com/#search?q=%40denise_vanouten

Shirley I tried to copy and paste for Lee and got page does not exist,I got DVO's page ok,but I can still get both pages the way I do it I was just trying for maggiemay

Maggiemay,

Here is another link to Lee's Twitter page in case that helps. It is working OK for me.

http://twitter.com/#!/leemeadofficial

I think Twitter is so busy that it sometimes has some technical problems - that could be why you can't get Lee's page occasionally. Just keep trying!

Thankyou Greycat, that link works perfectly, and
thankyou to all you lovely ladies for your patience.
Very much appreciated.

Graycat's link for Lee is the same as mine (complete with the hash & ! signs) so strange that it works for some and not for others. Anyway hope you can get back on soon Maggiemay

I may be a bit late with this, but I see Lee has updated his Twitter profile. He is now -
actor/singer/husband to a beautiful wife/daddy to a beautiful girl. Awwwww

Thanks Ruthie that is so sweet I have not beem into twitter yet

Did anyone hear Lee on Radio 4 talking about twitter?

Hi Chrissie I didn't hear it would like to know what he said, what time was he on?

I've just trawled through Radio 4 and it was Lee Mack having a twitter rant, not our Lee!

Thanks AL I have been trying to find it on BBC can rest easy now

There is an absolutely beautiful stage door pic
of Lee taken yesterday, posted by MazyHR on
her twitter page. Would like to say thankyou to
her for posting it.

Cambridge Arts Theatre have tweeted on their
twitter page @ camartstheatre that Lewis is
going to be Prince Charming in their pantomime
this year, but in their tweet they have said
and I quote "Lewis Bradley Star of Any Dream Will
Do, Joseph and Wicked". It annoys me when they
put out completely wrong information.

Yes, but technically they are correct - Lewis was in all of them (in one way or another).

In fairness, I think it's more a case of creative marketing. They're trying to get bums on seats, so they have to make their cast sound appealing. Somehow, I don't think "Lewis Bradley - who came third in ADWD and was understudy in Joseph and Wicked..." would look too good in their marketing info.

I just hope that they don't get people turning up expecting to see Lee!

I don't know if this is on English tv but in Wales it comes on in the adverts about the touring Joseph which is coming to Cardiff the part I like is when they show Keith it says "runner up to Lee Mead in ADWD" I don't think they should make it sound as if Lewis was the lead in Joseph and Wicked

Does anyone know if there is a problem with twitter
as I don't seem to be able to get onto it.

Thanks

I've got on to it all right, but it's not letting me post at the moment. It will sort itself out soon, no doubt.

The site isn't working too well at the moment. I got an 'over-capacity' message.

I'm sure it will sort itself out - eventually!

I can't get twitter at all this morning

Is twitter still off to everyone or just me?I can't get a peep, would be grateful if you could let me know thanks.

I can get it, but then I'm on Twitter anyway. I think they've had quite a few issues the last couple of days. You haven't missed anything - no mentions of Lee or DVO!

Thanks Another Liz maybe by the time they are back it will be ok otherwise I will have to rely on someone posting Lee's messages

I think twitter has been having problems for a few days. Perhaps one of the twitter bods forgot to put 50p in the meter!

I've had no problems with Twitter at all. Got an 'over capacity' message a couple of days ago but only lasted seconds. No other problems at all.
It could be a problem with your browser. Are you all on IE? I use Google Chrome, I also use Tweetdeck, so don't know if that makes a difference.

I have not been able to get onto any twitter page since about 5pm yesterday evening. I wondered if the rules and been changed and you now had to be registered with twitter to log on. Hope that is not the case.

Twitter is back, Yippee. Sorry I got a tad excited
there. That makes me sound rather a sad person, but
I did miss it.

Not at all maggiemay I have been exactly the same I miss it

Chris B tweeted a photo of Lee and Daniel from when they were in ADWD:-

LINKY THING

Great expression from Lee there!