​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matinee Thursday 15th September

A beautifull sunny day for a change. Cassie and I arrieved in London and made our way to the lovely stage door of the Savoy !.Two other ladies also waiting , when he suddenly appeared and came running down the Savoy speps, we must have looked dissapointed for he called out he would come back in a couple of minutes.
He duly arrived wearing a quite scruffy grey T shirt and a pair of beige slacks, as I was standing behind him I notices (well you would wouldent yoy!!!!!) that they had slipped down quite a lot and were showing his Calvin Cline white pants. He is looking very slim hope this is just end of run weight loss.
He was his usual lovely self signed a couple of photo,s and gave Cassie and me a hug, then he was gone up the steps. We followed him up aftera fw moments and actually bumped into him again comng out of the newsagents with a paper and a Mars bar. What I can remember from the chat was that he said he would be having a rest from musicals for a time afte L.B. not too long I hope He would very much like to do some more T.V. acting so I hope to hear he is offerd something good in the near future. The restof my chat was personal to me so not much interest for here.
We had lovely seats Row F and for once no one tall in front. Full cast , the little dog refused to bark but the bulldog seeed to be ina better acting mode. !
During the interval we bumped into Steve and Jo Mead and had a lovely chat, what lovely people they are no wonder Lee is such a lovely fella. They are very proud of him, dad asked if we had been at Kilworth and had heard his "Gethsemene"
The show went very well Lee seemed to beloving every minute and had added some extra moves to his dance at the end. I do like Natalie Casey as Paullette. The audience seemed to enjoy it as well.
Altogether a very very enjoyable day

Re: Matinee Thursday 15th September

Thanks Maggie I was in row F when I went,I have never met Jo and Steve but have read on here that they are lovely,I think when he comes out of LB he will put some weight back on he is never still he said on twitter he was looking after Betsy till 3pm then a photo shoot then the show,

Thank you Maggie, that was a nice read. Hmmmm i'm not sure I like the musical rest bit although even with what he has planned, it would be at least 6 months before he could go into anything.
After Casualty, i'd love to see him in more TV but he's just one step further away in that field. He's ready for it though.

I'm glad to hear that his parents are still talking about Gethsemene, and so they should!

Thanks for the review Maggie. Glad you were able to go & that you had such a good day.

Hello Maggie

Loved your review of the matinee.
My friend Sue and I were the other two ladies waiting with you. I agree with your comments about how nice Lee was. He is as nice and grounded as ever.
As you know we were waiting after the show, and met a few more of the cast. Sorry to have to tell you that Lee came out with his family about five mins. after you left. Even though they were obviously waiting for him, he took time to sign our programs and ask us if we had enjoyed the show. - What a star!
Am looking forward to his future projects, as you say, hopefully another musical.
Nice to have met you.

Love

Jackie Hall

Hi Jackie,
Good to meet you last Thursday. He was lovely wasn't he. He remembered you too!! So sorry we missed him afterwards but we only just caught our train as it was!