​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website launch TOMORROW (5th Oct)

Just looked at Lee's website, slightly hyper now!!!

http://www.leemead.co.uk/

Re: Website launch TOMORROW (5th Oct)

Oooh how exciting! Let's hope its full wonderful news and lots and lots of photos

Lee has confirmed that its going live in the morning!
Whopeeeeeeeeeeee!

Can't wait Squeeeeeee!!!!!!

IT'S LIVE!!!

Woo! Hoo! just seen it....FABULOUS!!! Just love the previews of the new songs!!!OMG!!!

OMG, some of the pics in the gallery are to die for!!!

Oh goodness gracious me!

Oh! Oh! Oh!

(think When Harry met Sally!)

The. Studio. shots.

Just had my email confirmation...Need some oxygen quick!!!!... LOL!

Just WOW! and SQUEE! on the photos...
What a fabulous Web Site...a superb lay-out too, but then did we really expect anything less from a wonderful guy like Lee, and his promoters...
They are using black as his background colour too!!!...smart!

My thoughts exactly Another Liz, it has even brought me out of Lurkydom, those studio shots are just gorgeous and the preview tracks are fab too.

Just had my email confirmation gone weak at the knee's thanking me for signing up

I'm loving the photos and the song previews!

I thought having an email message from Lee was exciting until I checked the new website!
I love it & those studio shots are amazing.
Going back for another drool now!

Anyone else noticed what is on the TV in the Christmas shot of Lee and Casey on the personal section. Quite spooky! I had to do a double take. Won't spoil it for you. Have a look.
( You can tell I've got time on my hands)

Yes, I noticed!

I wonder if he chose that shot for the website deliberately?

I couldn't make it out my eyes are not 20/20 I will have another look and try and make it out had another look is it More than Words but can't make out top line,sounds as if I am in spec saves!!!

WOW... what a classy website.

I have been itching to get a look at it after a long day in London, and hearing from a friend that the photos were drop dead gorgeous, which they are.... and then some. He looks like he really 'means business' in some of them!!

My eyelids are drooping, but I can't resist further investigation

popping my head back in the world to squee over the the song snips from the website. Real life crazy busy at the moment, but OH! can't wait for that album to come out now! Liking the song choices BIG TIME!!!

What an absolutely stunning new website. Well done
Lee and team.

Loved the new website-photo's are georgeous, but i don't want to sound a stick in the mud, but just listened to the Audio preview songs- At or with me, is that Lee?
Definately Falling slowly is Lee, anyone thinking the same thing, let me know.

Definitely Lee, I like how he sounds on the track. Nice to try new types of music.

Loving "The Garden", has a really different sound to his voice on it. Tried to get my daughter to guess who was singing, but she couldn't work it out. Really looking forward to the album even more!

Boo Hoo - am I the only one who can't get the Audio to work on the new website? I don't get any sound at all, very frustrating grrr...

Hi Amanda, Have you tried listening on the 'Audio' tab, rather tan the home page, it's a bit louder? Have you tried using earphones? It may seem obvious but have you checked your computer settings and made sure your volume is turned up.

I'm loving the song clips - his voice sounds so different on each song!

'The Garden' - sounds like a lullabye. It felt almost as if he was singing to Betsy.

'At Or With Me' - Reminds me a bit of 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go'. I think this one could be a chart hit.

'Falling Slowly' - This sounds like it should be on the sountrack of a RomCom.

It's great that Lee is so versatile - some singers sound the same whatever they're singing, but Lee (to quote the TV talent show cliche' ) manages 'to make each song his own'. He also doesn't fall into the trap of sounding like a Musical Theatre singer trying to sing songs from other genres* - his vocals sound plausibly right whatever the genre.

*John Barrowman and Michael Ball being two examples, with Alfie Boe being an example of the opera singer who always sounds operatic no matter what he sings.

Thanks Ladies for your feedback,The more i listen to his audio previews, the more i'm liking the songs-they have a different sound to what Lee usually sings, and he is certainly versatile,singing- (At or with me)and makes the songs his own,can't wait for the album.
Jo what is a RomCom?

RomCom = Romantic Comedy

Suejo, "romcom" = romantic comedy.

Jo, "Falling Slowly" won an Oscar for Best Original Song, from the 2007 indie film "Once" (thanks to ChicagoJanet for the info and Colleen Hogan for finding the video):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_Slowly

http://youtu.be/jcAWe4dUfW4

"At or With Me" was a single off Jack Johnson's 2010 album "To the Sea" (the album hit #1 in the US and UK charts, but the single only charted as high as 36 in the U.S.)--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_or_With_Me

Thanks to Colleen Hogan for tracking down the song & video here (of course, I was already familiar with Mr. Johnson's sterling work on the Curious George film, ahem):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM_10MzkX6k&ob=av2e
(fyi, it's meant to spoof Jack Johnson's rep as being a very laidback surfer dude type of guy)

"The Garden" is a cover of the Take That song, so presumably written by Gary Barlow.

I love all the song previews, they're fantastic.

Photo galleries are wonderful, too, but I wonder why there's no gallery for his stage/tv work? Hope that's remedied eventually.

The new site is brilliant, easy to navigate, very clean, crisp design. Hope many new fans will enjoy it as much as we do.

Thanks PKP and ladies - that was really interesting...
Lee has made a lovely choice of songs so far (IMO)...and now having heard a couple of them right through, I 'LOVE EM!' even more...
Missed your posts recently PKP

Nice to hear from you PKP, and thanks to you and jo for telling me what "RomCom" was.