​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Last day of Legally Blonde...

Well i'm home...the house is quiet and dark, everyone is asleep but i'm here still buzzing with a coffee so I thought i'd do a personal review of the day.

God how shall I start....

Well I have to say it was the best i've ever seen but of course I would say that, cast change days are the best.

I was in B9 of the dress circle for the matinee and i'm so glad I sat up there just the once, the view was perfect, no heads, no bars! And a fab whole view of the stage. I was unsure of the level of interaction up there but it was pretty good in the end.

Well I don't know about this 'ban the muck up' rumour, all I can say is that's what they told Lee, the rest of them were definitely in on it!!
There were more than I spotted i'm sure and i'm sure more will be added by others.

The ones that stood out (pardon the expression ) were:
In the Delta Nu first scene, Dom (the guy who plays Kiki with pink boots) was in the bottom left window dancing with Brooke, that got a good opening laugh.

When the three dancing hip hop(?) guys came on, one was in just black pants/speedos and nothing else!! Chris (the UPS) guy was also topless with a tie around his neck!

Lee wore glasses, I think they were his own, all the way through the first Act and had some fun with those. Crazy thing is, they really suited him and totally added to the geek look for Emmett.

During the party scene, Vivienne and Warner held themselves in a long kiss(frozen at the side) and near to the end, the others came over and really ruffled both of their heads which was really funny as they stayed in position until Vivienne finally released him!

The first Harvard scene (where Elle is doing her best to be acepted was quite raunchy with naughty dance moves and people stripping off, very funny.

In Elle's room scene where Lee has to clear off her desk, there is a hair diffuser that he picks up and says 'I don't know what this is', Elle replied with 'yes you do' which caught him off guard but he carried on with the lines through the giggles.

And one of the funniest bits of Act one (also in Elle's bedroom) is where Paulette grabs Lee and gives him a huge snog!! Lee just stood there in character and looked very bewildered afterwards, the audience just erupted and Lee spent the last part of the act with lipstick on his face which even got a smile from Peter!!
And in the part where Callaghan has to pass the pink letter to Emmett, Emmett passes one back...which just happened to be a promo pic of Lee, very funny. Not sure that everyone would have seen that.

And last but not least for the end of Act 1...the dancing, we got his moonwalk afer the leg kick and some funny dancing...just brilliant.

Re: Last day of Legally Blonde...

I know there is bits of missed but i'm staggered just how many I managed to remember.!

Thud Kirsten, just seen the new banner at the top!!

OK back to Act II

Something funny happened on the dance in the skipping scene but I can't remember what it was. There was other stuff in that scene that has escaped me too.

OK i'll be honest now, there is one part of Act 2 that is really clouding my judgement so i'll get that over with....

The changing scene in the store. Lots of funny jokes here but when the screen arrived, only the left side made onto the stage. Lee looked around with a hilarious withering look as is dawned of him what was going on. Amazingly though, he just ploughed on and dutifully stood behind the screen in the usual place and took off his trousers Not sure I should describe what I saw!! But I think you can guess, lets just say it was beautifully formed!
The other side of the screen did eventually turn up but was left parted in the centre and when Lee tried to close it, they opened it ! When he emerged he got lots of whistles and cheers. Carley made the most of the kisses in the matinee too, there were a lot less in the evening show.

The last bits I can remember are

The UPS guy did not have a shirt on but it was painted on with green body paint to look like a shirt, very clever, and from the dress seat it took me a moment to realise! He stayed like that for all of his scenes.
Again, other stuff happened between Carley and Natalie but it was script stuff and I can't remember it.

In Gay or European they had lots of fun together. The one bit that stick out for me is right at the end where Callaghan says something about a Joseph CD to Emmett which got a good laugh.
There were various sheets of paper being passed around and i'm sure they had funny things written on them as private jokes. Dom looked like he was drawing a work of art on his sheet in the hairdressers. I couldn't help wondering if they kept those as a memento.

Callaghan at one point says to Emmett...'Shut up, you muppet!' which was so funny, Lee's expression was classic and they all had to stifle laughs. I saw Lee turn round and let out a laugh and a whiff of hair flew up as he did it.

All the dancing was fab. We had priouettes from Dom which he obviously had fun with!

The last part had the audience cheering a clapping to the music and a good few stood. Lee obviously had such a fab time.

What else....you know there was just so much that my brain is in overload!

I am waffling now (and I will shut up in a minute!)

The evening show was played straight of course (if straight is the right word ).
Everyone was giving it everything they had.

I do remember Brooke saying 'just one last time' in the skipping scene which was nice.

The UPS long package at the end...rose a little towards Paulette which could have been in the matinee but I think he saved it until the end .

Carley was starting to cry from the end of the courtroom scene and her delivery of that song was very believeable as the tears were real! By the end she was in floods and as the curtain started to lower, both Simon and Lee turned to give her a hug and a kiss which was such a lovely touch.

The whole of the stalls were on their feet for the finally which was so good to see. Lee got a huge cheer which he really noticed and appreciated with his little 'wow'. Aww.

SD was buzzing. Even Peter made an appearance. All the cast came out in dribs and drabs having pics and signing. Lee was last of course but its so funny at how the majority had been there to see him! He was lovely and commented on how busy it was. Dutifully signed, chatted and posed until he had to go but gave us a lovely wave goodbye.

Bye Emmett

I had a fantastic day. Thanks to all those who made it so special, to those I spent time with and to those I chatted with. And to Lee without whom, none of us would be there at all xxx

Night night xx

(sorry for any typos)

Jazzy, thank you so very much for sharing. How I wish I could have been there. It seems to me that Lee is very much a fresh breeze when it comes to the West End.

Simply Brilliant Jazzy!!! Thank you very much!

Thanks Jazzy for a great review and taking time to do it when you must have been tired

Jazzy, thank you so much for writing such a long review & remembering all that detail.
I'd love to have seen Lee's face when he realised that half the screen was missing!
Thanks too for the photos in Latest News Kirsten.

Can't thank you enough for such a detailed review Jazzy. I was sitting at home thinking of you all yesterday and just hoping someone would be kind enough to tell us all about the last day. Still smiling picturing the changing scene?

Thanks Jazzy!

Don't ever change Jaz - that was a fantastic review - you've remember everything I've forgotten

things additionally I can remember - when he sings 'I don't party or do my hair/go to the gym a lot', Carley sang 'Yes you do'.... that got a smirk

It was Brooke who said in reference to the pool boy being gay that 'he left a Joseph cd in the pool house!' Mr Mead bit back a smirk there!

I loved when he whipped off his glasses when he came out the changing room, and then blinked like he couldn't see so popped them back on. Then when he comes on and they all comment how good he looks in his new suit, he just turned his head to the audience and did his comedy eyebrows.... I just love those eyebrows!!

When Callaghan called him a Muppet, after a very long dramatic pause Lee turned round and just said 'noooooooooooo', can't think how you'd describe his voice but again it was comedy!

It was such an excellent show yesterday (I only saw the matinee) but they definately went out with a bang :)

Brilliant review Jazzy, thanks a lot

I have put these on the main site but may as well put them here for continuity......!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thanks for your comments everyone, i'm glad you enjoyed it.

And thanks Petrus for adding that detail. I don't remembering hearing about the gym/party bit LOL.

The 'nooo' to Callahgan was AMAZING. I'd forgotten to put it in the review but remembered when I went to bed.
As Callaghan said it to him (it was "Zip it, you muppet", not shut up) he stood dumbfounded for a moment until he composed himself, then slowy but purposefully walked over to him and looked him right in the eyes as he said it.
The best way I can describe it is when Maddame Morrible denies the grimmerie to Glinda, or when the Baker says 'no' in the prison scene of Joseph. I was very comical but definite at the same time, brilliant of Lee and it just show how good he is as we just can't describe it.

Thank you Kirsten for adding your fabulous pics on here, they are so lovely to see. I'm glad you took them.

Thanks Jazzy, a wonderful review

I went to the matinee yesterday for the first time and loved it, such a great fun show. As it was my first time seeing it, I didn't realise that quite a lot of what happened doesn't usually happen. I did guess the dressing room scene with the screen that came out later was part of the muck up, but didn't know about the rest, so has been interesting to read your reviews. I think there was quite a lot I missed as well, as was sat at the back of the stalls and could hear people laughing quite a lot at things I'd obviously missed. I can't wait to see Lee at the Barbican and hope to be able to see Lee in another west end show soon!

Fabulous review Jazzy - thank you! WOW, Kirsten absolutely Gorgeous photos, thank you too!!

Lovely review Jazzy, thank you.

Apparently Denise was there .... did anyone sit near/sit beside/see her? (Just curious)

I am glad Denise was there matinee or evening? nice to support him

Evening show Acer!

Yes Mouse- she was definitely there with a friend. Saw her go to her seat and in the interval

I assume they had an after party as Lee said on twitter he had a heavy head,thanks Chrissie for info

Apparently Denise was sitting at the end of the row I was in, and I STILL didn't see her, have never seen her in RL.

Glad you enjoyed it T.

Nobody has mentioned his flies!

In the evening show during the song where he does the leg kick, I suddenly became aware that his trousers were not laying flat. It wasn't long before I worked out that his flies were undone. So during the caravan scene whe they get Paulette's dog back and the notice board scene, they stayed like that, poor thing. I was hoping someone would nudge him so he could discretely sort it out, but nobody did!

There is a good review by Ro on Lovelees if any of you want more and don't usually look in there.

This is what Lee was wearing when he arrived at the theatre yesterday. It was very striking and I absolutely loved the coat!

Photobucket

One more closer view (cropped).

Photobucket

Photo credit: Me...for both!

You can't see it in the photo but I and a few others thought that perhaps he had had some highlights

Please how do I get on lovelees?

Acer,

You will find the Lovelees site at this link:

http://www.lovelees.com/index.php

It has a section on Legally Blonde under 'Lee Stuff'.

And thnaks to Jazzylou, Petrus and Kirsten for the reviews and pics - next best thing to being there!

Thanks Greycat for your help

Thanks Jazzylou, you've done extremely well to remember so much of the muck up Matinee. Weren't those two shows on Saturday fantastic.
I love that new jacket Lee was wearing at the SD, he looked gorgeous

Thank you, Jazzy, for your report(s). You've remembered it all so well! I just wish the whole matinee could have been bottled and we could re-open it whenever we felt the need. It was the funniest show ever - and to think, we heard there would be no muck-up matinee!!

Yes, didn't Lee look gorgeous at the SD. I think we all loved his new coat!

Hope you find it acer. Thanks Greycat.

A/Liz, yes so good. I've always said that about his concerts, that I wish we could bottle the adrenaline and excitement! I'd love to see that matinee again

Thanks so much everyone for the reviews/pics, really appreciated x

Does any one know how the presentation of the Champagne to Lee went

Hi Acer. It went very well. Have a report to put upp aboutit and there where some pictures taken I know. So perhaps anyone who has apic will post it either on here or to me.

Not able to type anymore at the moment as I am not feeling well. I have done something to my neck and am unable to move it much at the moment. hope it will improve tomorrow.

It was a fab. day

I'm glad the presentation went well Maggie!

I look forward to reading your report when you're feeling better.

Thanks Maggie sorry to hear you are not feeling well don't worry about the report until you are feeling better,do you think you did something to your neck in the nose bleed on Saturday you would be looking down all the time!!!! get well soon xx

Thanks for the wonderful review and the great pictures. I remember the last 3 performances of Joseph and how special it felt. Would have loved to have been with everyone on Saturday.