​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please get me reports!!

Does somebody report me about how Lee was at the Bath concert with male choir?? I wanted to attend it badly but I couldn't.

Re: Please get me reports!!

I didn't go either Chie, i'm sure there will be reports tomorrow.

Jazzylou, I am so sorry for you, too. If his concert would be often in Japan, I should go so often!! Just only 1 time in December. I will get a bullet train to see him that day!!(>_<)

I was at Bath last night.

Wow! What a concert. And not just the Lee bits. The Bath Male Voice choir was in fine form (thought they could have easily sang more songs than they did) and the Bristol Musical Youth Production were excellent.

The Youth group opened the show with songs from various musicals, all in various costumes. Tap dancing included! They finished with the songs from Les Miserables (superb) and then Lee came out and sang 'Bring Him Home' with them. Goosebump moment. He sang it perfectly and the group behind him, all dressed up in "Les Mis" costume, just made it.

Then it was Lee's turn for his set. He had a chat with compere lady first (how the heck do you find the 'e' with the accent going the other way? - for Compere) and then sang a number of songs with just a guitar (Mason) and piano acompaniment.
From what I can remember:
Falling Slowly
The Garden
Better
Your song (Elton John) - he needed to stop and start this one again.

All very special - his voice with just two instruments.
Interval next.

Then it was the turn of the Bath Male voice choir. They really were excellent. Conducted by Grenville Jones - some of you may know him from TV - Last Choir standing was it?
Anyway, at the end of their set Lee came back on. Thought he was just going to sing 'Anthem' with them but he sang some more solo songs first.
Best is yet to Come
Collide
Stevie Wonder song, 'I believe' I think it is called.

He then finished with Anthem with the choir. Blimin' heck! What a version! This was truly the best he has ever sung it and with the choir - it was perfect. Everyone was up on their feet for this one and the applause took ages to die down.
There was more chat at the end where it was obvious the crowd wanted an encore. At one point Lee was looking as if he may sing ADWD or Close every door, but it would have had to be acapella as the pianist didn't have the music. I feel if Lee had been left a little longer he would have sung Close every door, but the conductor then suggested he sing an encore of Anthem - the last part.

I will leave others to fill in the details of the chats inbetween songs and lots of other moments, I just wanted to give you the basic detail.

He came back inside the Auditorium to do a signing, after it had finished. They set up a table. I stood near the front and ended up being the third or fourth person in front of him - with Brenda and Karen. He was very chatty - signed the Program (scan of Program later - it's lovely - good pics). Said that the Stevie Wonder song was on his album. We wished him well in Japan and he laughingly said - "I hope they like my music. I'm buggered if they don't!" (that may be asterisked out in the post!) The official photographer was hanging around at that point and made us move in on Lee and have a photo taken. He had earlier given me his business card and told me he would see what he could do, when I asked about getting hold of some of his photos. So we'll see!

Anyway, I was very happy to be one of the first few at this signing, as I had a long journey home, so needed to exit quickly after that.The queue snaked back quite a way so goodness knows how long he was there.

A lovely evening.

Just added the program to 'Latest News' on the main site. And a bit more on the songs he sang; missed "Sail Away" in my report above.

Oh and one other point - he said to Brenda afterwards that 'Anthem' was the only MT song on his album.

My signed program:
Photobucket

....but inside pages on LMAS.

Thank you so much Kirsten. Its lovely to hear a run down of events in a correct order. LOL when I do it its usually all jumbled !

Lucky your getting into a official photo too . Good luck contacting the photographer, I hope we get some nice photos from him.

I loved his comment about the Japanese audience, he must be quite nervous about it all now, its a big thing for him no doubt!

Chie you'll have to cheer him really loudly to make up for all of us not being able to get there

Thanks Kirsten for review what a great evening,could you tell me what he has written on pic I can't make it out thank you.

Thanks for the lovely detailed review Kirsten.

Ro has added some lovely photos of Lee signing
after the concert, on the Timeline.

Thanks very much for that review Kirsten & for the scan of the programme in Latest News.
To hear him sing Bring Him Home & Anthem with the choirs must have been amazing! I almost had goosebumps reading about it.
acer, it looks as if he's written 'Best Wishes Lee Mead' on Kirsten's programme.

Lee Mead x
Musn't forget that kiss Lynne - very important!!!! (just forget that he put that on all the program autographs - this one was for me!!)

Of course it was Kirsten.

Thank you Ladies,Kirsten we can all dream can't we?

Trying to think of anything I can add to Kirsten's detailed account of the concert. When Lee came on suddenly to sing with the youth theatre group, it was so sudden that I was sure the entire theatre could hear my heart beating for the entire number. I should have been prepared as I knew he was going to be singing Bring him home and it was a Les Mis medley!!!
I loved the new songs, especially 'Better'.....lovely lyrics. He sang it with such emotion too. He was obviously using the evening as a try out for his new material. The little interview at the start of the set was amusing as there was only one working microphone which the compere and Lee had to keep passing between themselves. I could be wrong but I think she was quite smitten and who can blame her. I have been trying hard to remember what he was wearing. It was rust coloured jeans and a black shirt in the second half but was it different in the first half? Someone who has a better memory for detail help me out.
Lee mentioned that all he could see on the way in by train were rugby pitches and he asked if there were any goalposts around. The men in the audience made it clear when he mentioned liking football and being a Chelsea fan, that he was deep in rugby territory so Lee pretended to slink off the stage in a sulk. Quite funny. He also mentioned that he had played rugby for a bit at school (on the wing) but said he wasn't fast enough.
After having a brief chat (more palpitations) at the relaxed signing, I watched for a while. He seemed to be just as smiley and unhurried with people towards the end of the queue as he had been at the beginning. He has such patience.
All in all a great evening. I enjoyed the youth group and the choir were technically very good. Bring him Home and Anthem were the highlights for me.
Big thanks to Jo for getting me there and it was lovely to see so many people for a chat.

Thanks Kirsten and Cassie. I particularly enjoy all the little details which bring the evening to life for those of us who can't get there.

Thanks Kirsten and Cassie for the reviews can't add to them except I remember the compere (no, I don't know how to add an accent either Kirsten ) think her name was Imogen Sellers? (she's on BBC Points West if I've got the right one) saying what a lovely guy he was and she'd 'like to take him home with her' when someone from the front row (who shall be nameless!! ) piped up 'wouldn't we all'
Thought the brick red/rust trousers were teamed with a pale pink shirt Cassie (might have been the outfit he wore for the Wicked 5th Birthday Party?, but shirt unbuttoned this time!) in first half. The 2nd half he wore a black shirt teamed with..? can't remember the colour of the trousers/jeans .He wore his short leather jacket over the top for the signing .

Thanks Kirsten, Cassie and everyone!! I was so shocked after I read Kirsten's report!! I am not sure I can make my own after the concert in Japan like you, Kirsten. All of the comments were wonderful. Thank you dear friends! Now I am dreaming about how he will make the stage here. Of course I will be delighted like I will be in heaven. Now I am afraid I can not sit on the seat while I will be seeing him on the stage...

Thanks for adding Cassie and Annie. LOL about the compere.
I had to laugh at your attempts to describe his outfits as you were obviously so Mead mushed to remember .

Chie I am so excited for you

Ro has updated the Time Line with her report plus official pics from the Bath concert - they go some way in solving the arguments of what he actually wore!

link to Time Line report

Thanks for the lovely reviews. It was rather special to be there when he was trying out new material! A thought i had - whilst i love him singing slow, love songs and being very still and focussed, i do hope that the Love Tour set list has a couple of 'rock' numbers, or numbers that require him to dance, or at least move.

Some little bits to add that i remember from Bath:- when he finished Your Song, which he had to re-start as the first time he got the words, and/or timing wrong, - well it wouldn't be a Lee concert without a hiccup would it, he wiped his forehead in a typical Lee 'phew' gesture.

The signing was a lovely relaxed affair, we got the heads up that this would take place right in front of the stage, and stayed in our seats, enjoying the view before joining the queue when it had quietened down a bit. Had a nice little chat with him, and said we'd miss him while he was in Japan, to which he replied "I'll miss you too" - he says the nicest things.

The jean colours i would describe as plum/rosewood with the pale pink shirt for the first half, and pumpkin/burnt orange with the black shirt for 2nd half, and some lovely two toned shoes in brown leather and suede to go with the pumpkin/black ensemble.

Thanks for all the reports ladies - glad the evening went well!

Chie, I can't wait to see your report when you finally get to see Lee in concert in Japan

Awwwww Ruthie, I just melted at the thought of him saying that to you. How sweet. I think he will miss us, friendly faces, always happy and first to raise a cheer!

Just a few words to add to the great reports already written.
Firt of all it was lovely to see such a great turnout, I did wornder with it being Guy Fawkes night if that was a wise night to choose but ob. our guy was a better bet that rockets.!!!
He seemed quite nervious for the first half I thought, perhaps it was the new songs, but he came into his own during "Bring him Home"
The second half he seemed much more confident, he must have reolised by then thatthe audience was in the palm of his hand. He recieved a tremendous ovation at the end with most of the ttheatre standing. He gave us a little extra by singing a part of "Anthem" again, I love this but prefer it sung with just a piano (sorry Male Voice Choir!!)
Lovely meet and greet how he keeps that lovely smile going I shall never know, Dont worry Lee I am sure the Japanise Audience will love you as much a s we do.
Thank you Jo for the lift if I missed saying Hello it anyone sorry I missed you but hope you had as good a time as me.

Thank you Ladies for the reviews it sounded a wonderful night,Cassie so glad you made it what ever discomfort you had I am sure would be forgotten when Lee started to sing

There is a lovely write up of the Bath Concert on
Lee's Website, and also a lovely photo of Lee with
a young fan at the signing after the concert.

I've just spotted that too maggiemay. Nice article.
Might need its own thread?

Thanks to Ro on the Lovelees site for finding this article which has a nice little paragraph on the Bath concert:

http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/List-star-names-lined-turn-Bath-Christmas-light/story-13809969-detail/story.html

NB: Scroll down to end of the article for the Lee mention!