​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OT Character Map

Hi Y'all. This Character Map has to do with letter, nunbers, other symbols and whatnot in more than one language.

I have Windows. so................On your prgrams menu

click All Programs

next screen click Accessirues

next screen click System tools

on the last screen click Character Map

This has been a tremendous help to me and every other writer I know. It has all sorts of accents.

It is really a great help when you are trying to write in Tolkien's Elvish.

Re: OT Character Map

Might help if I wasn't making typos right and left the past few days Should be Accessories, not the gobbledy-gook I put.

I don't want to sound ignorant Vi, but what the heck is "Tolkiens Elvish"?

Suejo, do you not know 'The Lord of the Rings'?
Tolkein is the author and 'Elvish' is the language of the elves which he invented.

Hello Marg W. of coarse i have heard of" The Lord of the Rings" but i have never fancied watching the movie, or the book, its not really my thing.

I love the books and the movies and put up the Character Map info because Kirsten---I think---was looking for this è.

I have a Swedish friend who is fluent in six languages and Elvish. She gets lots of requests from me and other fan fiction writers who need something in English translated into Elvish.

You've just reminded me of a rather funny incident .. I was telling my son about a poster I was designing for something (can't remember what exactly). The font I was using was called 'Brandywine'. He asked what it looked like and I said 'Exactly as you'd expect it to, sort of elvish.' His wife, who isn't a LOTR fan, looked rather puzzled then said 'I don't get it, what's Elvis got to do with it?'

Marge Funny you saying about your sons wife saying "whats Elvis got to do with it?, I actually wrote" elvis"in my post originally instead of elvish, but started again, (i am an Elvis fan too),
Vi lovely to hear you enjoy your movies & books.