​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'Paint It Black'

OK, so I decided to do one of my youtube trawls and came across Lee's performance of PIB. As I watched, it occured to me that everything about that performance was spot on, from the VT (which managed to highlight Lee's eccentricities without going too far and making Lee seem downright strange) to his sprayed on t-shirt/jeans and metal studded belt and, of course, the mesmeric performance (those dark eyes staring into the camera lens, the calm delivery of the first few lines that lulled the unsuspecting viewers into a false sense of security, the ever so slightly menacing prowling around the stage...)! It really was the consummate performance!

LINKY THING

Incidentally, I've watched the PIB vid many times before, but tonight was the first time I noticed the expression on Lewis' face (at 3.39) when the camera cuts to the four other boys applauding. I actually had to rewind to check that I wasn't seeing things! It's a real 'If looks could kill' moment!

Re: 'Paint It Black'

Absolutely agree 100% - Lee was amazing beginning with the auditions, but this performance let everyone know just how great he is at interpreting a lyric.

And sexy, too! Bare chested sit ups and press ups in one VT!!!

All of the other boys look quite sick.

I had a lovely surprise-flicking through the channels on foxtel(pay tv), and guess what, they are showing "Any Dream will do" starting tonight!
So i feel really excited to watch the series again.You never tire of it do you.
Especially a certain curly haired fella!!

The only one that looked pleased for him was Craig the others looked as sick as PARROTS!!!

Jo, I hadn't noticed Lewis' expression before either.
Suejo, however many times you see it you still get nervous when GN announces the winner! Enjoy watching it all over again.

Enjoy the ADWD re-runs Suejo!

I've just remembered another classic moment - Josh Groban-gate!

LINKY THING

Once again, there are classic reactions from the other boys, and yet more priceless expressions from Lewis (0.51 and 1.20 in the vid)! Plus a great performance from Josh and Lee!

I've always enjoyed the looks of despair and dismay on the other Joe's faces during PIB, esp. knowing that they laughed at Lee for getting such an impossible song in the first place.

Did they? No wonder Lewis had a face like a smacked bum then!

started watching ADWD last night on TV as mentioned in my previous post, a couple of priceless expressions, where at the Audition process- When Lee walked in and sitting there where ALW & Tim Rice, Lee was asked what song he was going to sing, and he says ANTHEM, not realising at the time Tim Rice wrote that,he was a little nervous then, but sang it brilliantly, and of coarse Tim Rice loved it.The other one was when lee went in and sang in front of denise, john etc,to see if they could be joseph, to go to the joseph school, when he finished the song, Denise said "i am totally in love with you", then bill noticed she had put kisses on his photo, she got really embarrassed then, and the look on Lees face, and then Graham Norton mentions to him, she may be looking for a husband, what irony, when you look at this, and they ended getting married. Loved it!!!

That audition bit with Denise's reactions are among my favorites of the series. After they got married, somebody (on Twitter maybe) joked about how nice it was that the BBC went to all this expense for a series to find Denise a husband!

Of course, Denise was hardly the only female to have that sort of reaction to Mr. Mead's charms.

Denise's reactions are priceless!

The audition episodes as a whole are fascinating viewing. It's interesting trying to spot the 'final 12' in the first ep. I think (though I may be wrong) that Lee is the only one we see both first and call-back auditions for.

Incidentally, I just found this vid of Lee's NYNY on youtube - it's the best picture and sound quality I've ever seen in a youtube vid!

LINKY THING

Such a great performance! I love his swagger down the steps at the end, with a "I'm the dog's whatsits!" expression on his face!

Oh! WOW! lovely to see that performance again...
Just one fabulous example why Lee was chosen as the winner...
What a 'Zingy'! start for a Thursday...
Thanks Jo for the find, you and Lee have just made my day so much better!...